Stopping auto start on Razr plugging onto computer
EasierPC
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a Razr and really want to stop notices and auto playing of drives from popping up on my computer every time I plug my Razr into my computer's usb cable. I've tried going into auto play settings and selected do nothing for the Razr options listed there. No joy. There isn't an option on each drive in Explorer to prevent the annoying auto playing/starting of 3 drives (MotoCast, phone internal, microSD).

Verizon support told me to dial  ##7764726 with the p/w of 000000 the screen and to then disable the cd-rom feature from the "Feature Settings." However, the screen my Razr showed me ABSOLUTELY did not have a "Features Settings" option. I examined and/or tested every option that was listed and none of them offered "Feature Settings." I shut my Razr off and then back on, then tried ##7764726 and it still did not offer me a "Feature Settings" option. I've tried that magic code with and without my Razr plugged into the usb cable on my computer. Didn't work. I tried MotoCast helper--> When Device Connects --> Do Nothing. Didn't work.

I've run out of things to try.

I searched the forums for this problem and found lots of users who have successfully used this magic ##7764726 code, but none of them appear to have a Razr. Does anyone know if there is an equivalent magic code for the Razr?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Stopping auto start on Razr plugging onto computer
jay26tm
Enthusiast - Level 1

Try this:

1.  With the phone connected, open Windows Explorer

2.  Right-click "CD Drive (F: (or whatever)) MotoCast" and select "Properties"

3.  Click the "Hardware" tab

4.  All drives on your system should be listed, including three for "Motorola XT912 USB Device." Select the one that lists "DVD/CD-ROM Drives" in the "Type" column.

5.  Another "Properties" window will open.  In the "General" tab, select "Change Settings."

6.  Yet another "Properties" window will open.  Select the "Driver" tab and click the "Disable" button.  A warning will pop up stating, "Disabling this device will cause it to stop functioning.  Do you really want to disable it?"  Select "Yes."

7.  Click "OK" on the two open "Properties" windows.

8.  The next time you connect your phone via USB, you should get two Autoplay windows - one for "MOT" (Phone's internal storage) and "Removable Disk" (the micro SD card).  The annoying Motocast CD drive (that you can't write to anyway) will no longer pop up.

Follow this same process to disable the additional drives if you want, but you will not be able to access the data on the drives until they are reenabled.  Otherwise, select "View more AutoPlay options in Control Panel."  You'll have to unselect "Use Autoplay for all media and devices" at the top of the window, and this will turn off Autoplay for everything (DVDs, removable storage, music CDs, etc.).  Make sure you press "Save" in the bottom right-hand corner.  Next time you connect your USB, the "connected" audio will play, but no "AutoRun" popups will come up.  You will be able to access your data via Windows Explorer or whatever program that has disc access.

Hope this helps....

EasierPC
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you for the advice. It worked to turn off the MotoCast drive.

Thanks again.

Richard

0 Likes
LittleKenny
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you Jay. Very much appreciated.

~lk

0 Likes
Kloponline

Thank you so much for this information.

I've been dealing with this annoying pop up on my HTC Rezound for months.

0 Likes
MudKraft
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you so much this was really getting annoying.

0 Likes