Streaming music (MotoCast, ZumoCast alternative)
stisserb

Hi,

I've been a DROID MAXX user for about 3 months (switched from Droid Bionic which was upgrade of original Moto Droid).

On my Bionic, I was a heavy user of ZUMOCAST for streaming music and files from my PC to my phone.  I know that program is no more and MotoCast is not supported on the DROID MAXX.  I have far too much music/data to do a direct transfer to my DROID MAXX.

Any suggestions/alternatives?  (Especially programs that don't have high subscription costs).

I tried a program called Subsonic which worked well but the PC prgram seemed to destabilize my Windows 7 OS so I had to uninstall.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Streaming music (MotoCast, ZumoCast alternative)
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

stisserb,

I understand all to well about having music on the phone. I am a big music buff. Great news, one thing that I do so transfer all of my music on to an SD Card. So this way it doesn't use up all of my phones memory. You can always get memory cards here: http://vz.to/17ycvC Let me know if you have any other questions.

KevinR_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
stisserb

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Unfortunately, one of the limits of the DROID MAXX (and many of the new Moto phones) is that there is no SD slot for expandable memory.

0 Likes
ndragna
Enthusiast - Level 3

I use google play music for everything. Not that my 64gb sd card wouldn't hold more then enough music but google allows you to upload up to 20,000 songs for free. I think I have around 8,000 uploaded now.

0 Likes