Super Loud Static for 1 second when starting a call.
drdarell

This just started happening about a month or two ago.  When starting a call on Bluetooth just when the call connects there is a EAR Splitting static for a second maybe two, and it's really uncomfortable.  Your first reaction is to rip your headset off to stop the pain.  I use a speaker in my car and it's just as bad.  The weird thing is this happens a lot, but not all the time.  In my car, if I push the button to allow voice dialing I don't seem to hear it as much as when I push the number to dial on the phone.  Also I noticed that this almost always happens on the first call of the day, but if I make several calls in a row often I won't hear it again.  This also happens when making calls or answering calls

We both have Razor Maxx phones and we're about to throw them out the window as we're losing our hearing.  Somebody please help!

Thanks!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Super Loud Static for 1 second when starting a call.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue with your calls while on bluetooth drdarell. Have you tried to disconnect the bluetooth connection completely? Is the phone damaged? Were you using a particular application or functionality on your phone when it started to happen? Are you using a 3rd party app for bluetooth use? You start by enabling and disabling safe mode http://vz.to/12vTROa . This will check for any problematic apps that may be on your phone. Lets also check for software updates. What software do you have on your phone? If you continue to have the issue and your phone is not damaged, you can try a hard reset http://vz.to/150gZRU. Please keep us posted.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
drdarell

I don't use 3rd party blue tooth.  The phone is not damaged, However, my wife's eardrums are getting damaged.  Verizon did send her a replacement phone, after I reset my phone and it didn't help.  It seemed to work for almost 2 weeks and now it's bad again. I hate this. she's about to buy a new phone.  We've talked to several Support folks and you are the first to suggest safe mode. I'll give that a shot.  I would love this to be an app.  But I'm pretty sure it's the software update that we got.  We never had any problems with our phones prior to that update.  Now they both have problems and even a new phone acts the same.  I did read a reply to this problem on a Motorola site, a developer (not moto) said he can see where it's in the software for the phone, but nobody is acknowledging that.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

drdarell,

Understood completely. And please do give safe mode a shot just to better isolate the issue. Finally, we don't have any further information on any new software updates just yet to remedy this problem, but you can keep your eyes out for announcements at http://bit.ly/n5snpq .

EvanO_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
atauber419

I'm having the same issue with my Droid Razr.  I get a very loud static screech every time I make or receive a call over bluetooth.  This happens with both my Toyota Camry and my home bluetooth enabled phone system.

0 Likes