Swap SD card formatted as internal memory
ClineFSU

So I updated to marshmallow and wanted to take advantage of formatting an SD card as internal memory to extend my overall memory. The card I used is rather small and slow (class 3 I believe). Since then, I realized I'm in possession of a much larger class 10 card. How do I transfer the data off my current card to be moved to the new card. FYI my entire Droid Turbo 2 has been encrypted by use of the system embedded encryption function.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Swap SD card formatted as internal memory
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Remove the smaller card from the phone. Install the new larger card and format it as internal memory. Remove larger card from phone. With a computer copy the entire contents of the smaller card to the new card by copying the contents temporarily to a folder on the computer. If you have a means to read both cards at the same time, you can copy the contents directly from one to the other. When the contents are copied, insert the new card back in the phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
ClineFSU

Turns out I actually didn't encrypt the SD card.

0 Likes
ClineFSU

No answers Verizon Peeps?!?!?!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Remove the smaller card from the phone. Install the new larger card and format it as internal memory. Remove larger card from phone. With a computer copy the entire contents of the smaller card to the new card by copying the contents temporarily to a folder on the computer. If you have a means to read both cards at the same time, you can copy the contents directly from one to the other. When the contents are copied, insert the new card back in the phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes