System update on Droid Maxx 2
SS50

I have 2 Droid Maxx2 phones and after a system update on March 17 which was a software update to 24.211.6 one phone is set to vibrate and it won't now and both phones keep getting error message: sd card is missing reinsert the card but the card is still in each of the phone.  What needs to be done to fix this problem?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: System update on Droid Maxx 2
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is not the experience we want you to have with your phone and SD card, SS50. We sure want your SD card to be read correctly by your phone. Upon further review of my resources I see that a factory reset will resolve post software update issues and you indicate that these issues started after the latest update.

Please do a factory reset as per this link and test: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-178352/

AntonioC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out to us. First thing that I want you to do is to ensure that the devices are turned off. Remove the SIM Card and SD Cards from both of the devices. Wait about 3-5 minutes and then replace the SIM Cards. Reboot the devices. Replace the SD Cards after the devices are booted back up. Let us know if you still get that error message.

NicoleT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
SS50

Thanks - we are no longer getting the SD error message!  The only issue we still have is one phone's vibration mode is still not working - any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SS50,

I'm glad to hear that you are no longer getting the SD card message, that's great news! Let's focus on the vibrate mode of the device. I've reviewed my resources and I see that this device's volume (and vibrate mode)can be changed while the phone is locked. This was not a part of the update, but I wanted to see if maybe the volume is getting changed without realizing the change has been made.

I do want to ask a couple of questions as well. Are the other volume controls working, including silent? Just for clarification, you had no issues with the vibrate mode before the update?

ChristinaB_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SS50

Within this past week the Maxx2 that won't vibrate also starting receiving the SD card missing error message again.  Also, the other volume controls are working, including silent.  When phone is set for vibration you have to be looking at the screen to know a call is coming in.  None of these problems were happening before the update.

0 Likes
michelleh_vzw
Verizon Employee

SS50,

Let's find out more, so we can get your device up and working.

Please restart your Droid MAXX in Safe Mode, and see if the SD error and vibrate begin working. This will help us determine if the issue is caused by the phone, or by a 3rd party app.

Power Up in Safe Mode - DROID Mini / DROID Ultra / DROID Maxx by Motorola | Verizon Wireless

MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes
SS50

We tried Safe Mode when the problem first happened but tried again just in case.....It is not a 3rd party app. 

0 Likes
SS50

Any other thoughts on the SD card?  It is now not recognized at all.

Thanks!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We will keep working on this for you SS50. When you removed your SD card previously, did you recall anything out of order on the card itself? This would include any missing pieces or any debris in the port that holds the SD card? Have you tried another card to see if the message still pops up?

CandiceH_VZW

0 Likes
SS50

card looks good and I did put another card in and the same message popped up.

0 Likes