Text Messages bottlenecked post system update?
kkbmomof3
Enthusiast - Level 1

My Droid Razr has been misbehaving since the recent system update. Intermittently, the count at the bottom of the screen (Green text msg icon with orange number on it) will advise me I have, say, 4 texts to read. When I go to my text list, it shows NO new messages. This goes on for hours. Randomly, the messages may materialize after several hoursn(often containing a picture), or the number may disappear (no orange number on the icon) and the texts are never delivered.

On several occasions, when I touch the green text icon, it does not take me to my threads, but takes me to a blank screen to compose a new text.

I have tried powering down, deleting all threads, deleting random threads, and turning on/off wireless, and allowing data usage. Nothing helps.

My family has four droid razrs, three of them are doing this. Software glitch? How do we fix it.

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Text Messages bottlenecked post system update?
droidrazrmaxxhd14
Enthusiast - Level 1

I downloaded the Verizon messaging app from google play (as suggested) and

everything seems to be fine. The SMS that comes with the phone isn't

compatible with the new Kit Kat update.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
kassies
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having this same issue!! It seems like when someone sends me pictures I don't get them even though it shows a new text and whonits from.

0 Likes
kkbmomof3
Enthusiast - Level 1

I reverted the whole system to factory, and re-entered everything (a pain) but it did not help.

It is still stuck on photo texts, but does not show me who they are from like yours.

??? Help Verizon!

Kerri

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello kassies, a working phone is super important! Can you please disable wifi and make sure the phone is connected to our network when receiving the picture message? Are you able to send picture messages via the phone? Please test the device in safe mode as well: http://vz.to/1akRzaR

WiltonA_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
droidrazrmaxxhd14
Enthusiast - Level 1

I did this and it did not fix the issue. This was not an issue before the Kit Kat update. Is there any other things I can try to do to fix it? It's only an issue with picture messages (including group texts).

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

droidrazrmaxxhd14,

Let's continue to dive deeper to see what can be done to resolve this concern.

What text message application is being used? The stock SMS app? If so, try downloading the Verizon Messages application from the Google Play Store and test to see if issue continues with this application.

EfrainM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
kassies
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes I am able to send pictures, but it takes hours/days for me to receive them.  Not all the time, but a lot of the time.  However I did clear my data under the setting/apps area and now I just had a picture that was send on Sunday come through!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kassies,

Thanks for trying that out of us. I want to make sure that you are able to get all the messages asap. Are you using the normal text messaging application that came with the phone or are you using a 3rd party application from the Play Store? Please keep me posted.

KevinR_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
kassies
Enthusiast - Level 2

So, I am using the regular messaging that came with the phone.  I have cleared my data and cache and then some text pictures did come through, but it takes HOURS (or days) for them to come through.  I have pretty much tried everything at this point, with no success.

0 Likes
droidrazrmaxxhd14
Enthusiast - Level 1

I downloaded the Verizon messaging app from google play (as suggested) and

everything seems to be fine. The SMS that comes with the phone isn't

compatible with the new Kit Kat update.

0 Likes