I searched around a bit and could not find an exact match or relative post regarding my issue.
I have the Motorola Droid RAZR Android Version 4.1.2 and System Version 98.72.16.XT912 US
The past several weeks with numerous friends with different numbers and services I have been experiencing a lot of issues with my text messages successfully sending. I click send and I get the green arrow indicating the message is being sent, and that's it.. it freezes on that. Sometimes people respond as they obviously received the message.. sometimes not and I have to either text them again or call them if it's important. I figured it was a network issue and would eventually be fixed but today it happened and someone actually messaged me hours after I sent them the initial message. They asked why I just sent the same message to them 4 hours later, verbatim word for word she knew it was some kind of error. I figured I'd ask a few friends if they've received duplicate messages from me or "delayed" responses from me and quite a few said yes... I wish they would have told me!
I purchased this phone brand new maybe like a year and a half ago from my local Verizon store, I only updated the System Update once, as it has only been offered once. I do not remember if these errors occurred prior to that update they may very well have. I really like this phone and like the Verizon service, I will most likely take the phone in to the local store and ask the same question and even show them if this continues. I have tried rebooting the phone, reactivating the phone via the dialing *228 or whichever number it is after restarting the phone. I have taken the Verizon sim SD/card as well as my secondary SD card out upon having powered off.
I give up, I've waited this out for quite awhile and figured I would ask if anyone has had the same problem with this phone. I believe it very well could be a Firmware/Software issue, like I said I do not remember if this problem existed prior to the software update I did months ago. Unfortunately the problem just seems to have become incredibly worse the past month or so. I hope someone can help without having to go into the store and wiping the phone or having to get a new one... help please
Hmm it's strange. I never tried that but I will take your word for it. Do you have the same phone model and all as I listed? I tried "Reactivating" the phone, I removed both SD cards, rebooted, put them back in, etc.. not many options. I guess I will need to get to the store to ask when I have some time this week. I really do not need a new phone I am hoping they can figure something out. This phone is still in great condition like when I got it and is capable of doing everything I need on one device so upgrading is not something I would prefer to do if it's possible to figure out what the issue is. It seems like some type of messaging server issue, I don't know what could bug certain texts from others. All my contacts have 1+area code + 7 digit number as I read somewhere some phones have issues with contacts because of something as silly as that... IDK blah not convenient!
For Verizon Wireless phones and network, Contacts should be saved in the ten digit format without the 1 in front. It should be XXX-XXX-XXXX.
I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.
Sorry I get confused some times. Well the contact that gave the issue tonight did not have 1 in front of their contact #. So I don't believe the numbering is the issue.