Text messages not going through?
beckerali
Enthusiast - Level 1

I recently have had problems sending text messages.  I have tried doing a factory reset to the phone, and 1 day later...same problem.

It happens in some text conversations, not all and even then I can't tell if the texts are going through.  Just now it seemed that my texts weren't going through (green arrows) but I was getting responses.

Anyone else having the same problem?

Labels (2)
Re: Text messages not going through?
linderthefirst

I've had two people tell me they didn't receive my texts this week; this has never happened before.  These are texts regarding work and schedules so therefore very important.  In searching online about this issue I see that once upon a time Verizon used to have a checkmark to indicate a message had been received but they no longer do this (although it is still available for iMessage).  Some speculate it's Verizon's way to drive up usage with the sender issuing a follow-up.  In my case that won't work.  I'm switching back to email to send the work-related messages.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Text messaging is one of the most popular means of communication. We want to make sure that we do everything we can to make sure that you are able to stay connected to friends, family, and loved ones. linderthefirst, may I ask what make and model device do you have? Also, how often has this happened to you. If you can be so kind as to share your zip code then I can look into your area for any reported issues. I'm looking forward to your reply.

Thank you...

Arnett_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
DarkBerry

Can you assist me as well? I'm literally having a text coversation right now and everyone of my texts has the green arrow but the person I'm texting with has received the texts and replied. I'm on 4G with four out of five bars. I'm also having the issue that texts don't send at all and have a perpetual green arrow. This just started happening all of a sudden and it's quite annoyiong. My home zip code is 20020 where texts don't send at all and 21244 at work where texts are being sent but still have the green arrow.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello DarkBerry,
We can definitely assist! We do need additional information in order to get this resolved. Are you able to receive text messages? Are you using the stock messaging app or a third party app? If using a third party app, please remove and retest with the stock messaging app.

DaisyP_VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

Daisy_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jasmin1279

Can you assist me as well?

I am having the same issue on my phone, it looks like the text still sending but in actuallity goes through 98% of the time to the person I'm texting. Not thrilled that I have to guess if the message was sent or not. I am using the stock messaging app, tried to restart my phone (fixes it for a day or so and then back to same issue). This is on a Droid Razer Maxx model xt912.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Of course I can assist you as well jasmin1279! Did this begin after a specific application was installed (any trends)? Does this happen with a specific contact(s)? Please clear the cace/data on the messaging application here http://vz.to/179eeQG Also, enable safe mode here http://vz.to/11hd6po test and advise if you are successful. Thank you.

TominqueBo_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
setphaserstoscott

I am having a problem both receiving and sending texts with one contact. I use the stock messaging app, and my phone is the Samsung Galaxy S4

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Setphasertoscott, thanks for the info. How long have you been having this problem? Have you  enable safe mode  http://vz.to/11hd6po and retested? Have you cleared the cace/data on the messaging app http://vz.to/179eeQG ? Please keep us posted.

SammuelP
VZW Support

0 Likes
setphaserstoscott

I have done both and they have not worked. This problem has been going on since before I got my Galaxy S4, when I used my Droid Bionic. The contact that has the lost text messages is another Verizon Android customer. This doesn't happen with another contact who is a Verizon Droid Bionic user. Also, when a text is larger than 160 characters, it sometimes gets garbled up with an old text. Is there a solution for this, or is it the same problem?

0 Likes