Text messages not sending
nique
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have read several discussions about text messages not sending and I followed all the recommendations before I posted.  I did the hard reset which was a total waste of time.  Most of my text messages still have the green arrow stating sending, some were received and some were not.  Has ANYONE found a solution to this problem.

Labels (2)
Re: Text messages not sending
KathyH_VZW
Verizon Employee

95% of my communication is done via text, nique. I want to make sure we get your services working again.

Thanks for already doing some steps that we would have you do.

Are you having a problem with standard (SMS) and picture (MMS) messages? 

Do you use any type of 3rd party texts apps that were installed from the Play Store.

We want to make sure there is the most recent software version on the Maxx. Go to Settings>About Phone>System Version.

Tamara H.

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
ur1payne

>>Duplicate post removed for cross-posting violation of the

See   for original message<<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
nique
Enthusiast - Level 1

The problem is with both messages. Some go through even though the green arrow states sending and some never go through at all. I have to tell people to text me to let me know they received the text which is embarrassing when it's a business contact. I don't have any 3rd party text apps on my phone.  System version is98.72.16.xt912.verizon.en.us

oldfastcar
Enthusiast - Level 1

SAME ISSUE, No correction yet

0 Likes
CABINman57

I am having the same problem now. It just started. There is a long delay before it is sent and the person that receives the message says there are multiple messages. I have no clue what could be wrong. If I find out I shall let you know and please do the same for me

0 Likes
pgomez2

I am having the same issue also while on wifi I get the "message not sent" notification.

What is the solution VZW?

Thanks.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

See response in your other thread:

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@pgomez2

Let's get your messages working again too!  Which model Droid Razr Maxx are you using, the original or the HD version?  What is your device current software version http://vz.to/10l8fmT?  Are you having problems with texts and/or pictures over WiFi?  Problems sending, receiving or both?  Let me know so I can further assist.  Thanks!

AnthonyTa_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Mary7593

I have the same issue.  NEVER was an issue before the last "Update".  Thanks for that!  I only use Verizon Texting, no 3rd party.  Phone is a Driod Razor Max.  With the last update, that was pushed out, text messaging has been messed up.  Here is what happens:

1. Sent 5 Text Messages:
  2. Two will show sent with time stamp.
  3. Three will show GREEN Arrow (appearing NOT sent).
  4. End user gets 4 Text messages.  Which one was not delivered?  Don’t know?  We don’t either! 

Why do some show a green arrow for a text that was actually sent?? Others show it and have never been sent. Oh… and some just sent duplicates.  Makes me want to scream and throw my phone out the window! 

We’re going on MONTHS with this issue and thousands of customers have it.  WHY AREN’T YOU FIXING IT?  I will propose a class action lawsuit soon.  Bottom line, we shouldn’t play for these services that are faulty.  For every month it goes on, that is $10 per month, per customer, that you will owe us.  Got it?  Attorneys love going after the big guys and doing it for free.  Bet we can have the LAWSUIT FILED before you fix the phones!  

0 Likes