Text messages not showing as Sent
Irish12

75% of my messages when i send them the little green arrow doesn't go away as it should to confirm they are sent. Some times if i resend the message the first one will show as sent but then the second won't. Other times if i send another message to someone else the previous message to another person will then show sent. Its very fustrating not knowing whether my messages have been received and having to rely on the person responding to confirm they are sent. This is especially troubling when I have to send a text to someone important who I don't want to spam by sending every message 2 and 3 times. I have tried the system reboot and that did nothing. I love my android phone but if this is not a problem that can be fixed I will happily take an iphone. But paying a bill every month and insurance on this phone, In my opinion this is up to verizon wireless to either fix the problem or replace the phone. I am open to suggestions.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Text messages not showing as Sent
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Irish12,

Let's see what's causing the problem! When did the issue begin? Have you recently downloaded any new applications?  Are you using a 3rd party messaging application? I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks for your contribution to our community forums,

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
craigarj
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree with Irish12.  Sometimes I can't tell if a text message has been sent. VERY frustrating.

Please fix it now. 

I too like android but if iPhone does it better I'll take that instead.

The issue began a few months ago. It may have corresponded with the upgrade to Android 4.1.

I have not added new applications lately.

If the Android system made clear which texts did and did not go through that would be a good start.  But right now this is completely unacceptable.  There's no clear indication.

Text messaging is a basic function of the smartphone.  If android / verizon can't get that straight then there's a serious problem.

A few days ago I contacted Verizon tech support.  He had me do a reboot (I temporarily removed the sim card ).  Still this text message problem persists.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you checked the settings in the text message application? Both my Nexus and Tbolt have delivery reports for SMS & MMS messages as an option. Each phone handles these delivery reports differently. Because of those differences I only use delivery reports on one of the phones. You can also long press a specific message and get the details of the message that way

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
craigarj
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Ann.  Thanks.  I'll give that a try.

0 Likes
ur1payne

>>Duplicate post removed for cross-posting violation of the

See   for original message<<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
craigarj
Enthusiast - Level 2

"checked the settings in the text message application"

I did what Ann says and it worked. So now I have a clear indication of what text messages did and did not send.

I still find it very frustrating though that my phone ( Droid 4, Android 4.1 ) does not send about 10% of my messages.

I need to reboot the phone for it send these.