The good, the bad, and the ugly
drum_thumper
Contributor - Level 1

So I am now eligible for my upgrade.  I had been looking at going to the iPhone since my Droid Incredible had so many little issues (the main one being running out of memory when it really did not).

But now the Razr Maxx has caught my attention.  What about the Maxx makes it so special that I may go this way instead of waiting for the iPhone5 to come out?  Also, what issues have you had that I would have to take into consideration?  Do not get me wrong, the Android system has the potential of being a really awesome system if they were to work through some of the issues that seem to plague it. 

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: The good, the bad, and the ugly
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The massive battery in the Razr Maxx is definitely a plus.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Ann Listed one The Battery on mine Yesterday it went almost 3 days before i has to stick it on the charger Again, Hooking up a Set Earphones an Having the EQ App is Some of the Greatest sounds to my Ears, And With my HD Station i Can take a this Great phone put it that Station an Transform it into Any thing i Want i can Hook my Mouse & Key i use for my Computer into the Station an do things on my Maxx as i Do on my Computer. And with the HDMI Cable it can be put on our Big Screen Tv. This is Just some the Neat things you can do with this Device But to see the Full. Your Just going to Half to Go out an Buy you One Smiley Happy Don't Forget the Nav Dock it can Do some cool stuff to when the Razr is in it in the Car.. b33

0 Likes
drum_thumper
Contributor - Level 1

Ok, I jumped in.  I just got mine today.  It is taking some getting used to as it is somewhat different than my Incredible.  It is faster and the screen is way sharper.  I compared the Netflix app between the two (I can still run my Incredible on wifi even though it is not hooked to any 3g network) and the Maxx blew it away.  It did seem like the battery was not lasting too well but I was using it a lot today (like I could not put the thing down).  Hopefully in the few days I can figure out some of the battery saving features this phone has (it did seem like it was not going down at the same rate as my old phone though).

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Well Good Glad your Liking your  Maxx D_T  I'm going to Hook mine Up Soon to My Headset an Rock out Some Music.From Winamp When i Hook the Headset into the Jack it Automatically Switches to Winamp an all Need to do is Tune to the Station of my Choice witch will Probably be Awsome 80's. It Does all of this Via the Smart Actions App that's a Neat App Can do a Lot good things. Well all for Now Have a Good Morning.. b33

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I would suggest putting the Dinc in airplane mode and then turning on wifi as needed or leave it on if you want. You might also be amazed at the battery life in that mode. I can do several days with the standard 1300 mAh battery on the Tbolt in that mode as opposed to when it was an active phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
drum_thumper
Contributor - Level 1

Thanks for the suggestion.  I had not thought about doing that.  My kids promptly grabbed up the phone.  Kinda like a mini tablet on wifi to them.  Airplane mode would disable some of the "phone" features while keeping it connected to the internet to use many of the apps.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes it would.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

interesting, i thought it would disable everything.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

D_T it is a Good Mode An on my Maxx since i got it on Wi-Fi this is since i pulled it off the Battery it's went so far 1day 17Hours 15Min. A couple Days ago the Battery Went right up to 3 days now that's on minimal use but it can Be done and my Old Girl Done it..b33

0 Likes