Thoroughly Disappointed
DrTomC

So, I have the same problem that appears on many forums and discussion boards about the Droid Razr Maxx. I was so excited to get it back in July and have been rather disappointed since August. I go from 4G full strength to no strength to 3G to No G to 1X and back again. There is no rhyme or reason to the loss of signal. I have followed on all the soft reset advice, etc. I have spent hours on the phone with Verizon Support and have gone to several stores for in person support. They try to blame facebook. I dropped the app and still had the same problems. One tech said I had too many emails. Kept deleting them and clearing them out. Still had the same problem. I can go on and on about the solutions but none have work. I even downloaded the app from GooglePlay to help reboot but that doesn't do anything. My point is that in this 21st Century Technology Society that we live in, how come I constantly loose signal???? I never ever had a problem with a phone until now. I've been a long time Verizon customer and always spoke praise for the company. I just wish some one would admit that the phone is not good but that will not happen. I feel like a I got stuck with not Jelly Bean or Ice Cream Sandwich but instead Lemon Operating System!!!!!!!!!!!!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Thoroughly Disappointed
gwmac

If you are judging signal strength by the icons on the face of the phone, I have found they are totally inaccurate.  Comparing the representations of those icons to what is reported under About Phone >Signal Strength I have found significant differences. I am using an Extender for voice calls and the Voice icon shows 0-1 bar unless the phone is within a foot or so of the Extender, but the Signal strength reported in the About Phone listing is always 3 or 4 bars, big difference between the 2.

0 Likes
Re: Thoroughly Disappointed
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

DrTomC, a few questions for you. Do you have ICS on the phone itself? Have you ever had the SIM Card out ot the phone? Have you done a FDR? Have you done a phone Cache Wipe? (not necessarily in that order).

0 Likes
Thoroughly Disappointed
DrTomC

I have ICS on the phone. I did a Cache Wipe.

0 Likes