Time and Date are Wrong after 4.4.2 update and cannot be changed
lcol8548

After 4.4.2 update last Thursday, my phone system now has wrong time (about 2.5 hrs ahead) and wrong date (Jan 2013). Both cannot be manually adjusted. This is preventing the majority, if not all, data access on phone. Phone worthless at this point.

I have performed following to fix phone:

1) restart / airplane mode etc.

2) Toggled "automatic time from network" setting

3) factory reset and deleted cache

4) removed SIM card

Managed to install clocksync app which is showing correct time from NTP server but not able to manually change date or time.

What can I do? Still have 10months left on my contract.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Time and Date are Wrong after 4.4.2 update and cannot be changed
lcol8548

Quick followup: I have noticed several other users online experiencing same issue

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Wow! Thanks so much for bringing this to our attention and for completing the troubleshooting steps that you have already completed, lcol8548. We want to ensure that the time & date does get corrected. I'm assuming everything else works properly? I am going to send a direct message to get some more details from you. This will enable me to notify the software team.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mazurek

Has there been any update on this issue?

0 Likes
TamaraH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thanks for asking, mazurek.

Motorola has been notified of this issue. As soon as we get some more information for the resolution we will be able to post here.

TamaraH_VZW

0 Likes
HornGuy75

Any update on this issue?? I've been to two Verizon Wireless stores recently and nobody seems to have any info to offer me. One rep tried selling me a tablet and FIOS, the other actually changed my sim card and still tried selling me a tablet. I just want to be able to use my smartphone the way it's intended. Right now, it thinks it's February 15, 1971 and there's nothing I can do to change that. I've done factory resets, taken the sim card out with the phone powered down and left the phone off for 15 minutes, nothing helps. Getting very frustrated.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there HornGuy75,

February 15, 1971 certainly was long before any type of smartphone came out! Let's take a closer look into this. What make/model phone do you have? When did the update go through? Please share these details so we can take a closer look. thanks.

ErinW_VZW

0 Likes
neekoli

My Droid Razr HD XT926 is having an issue with date and time also. It has Android 4.4.2 on it also. It was working fine this morning, I got home from work, shut it down, put it on charge and went to bed. Booted it up this evening and it wouldn't connect to anything online, and I noticed that the date and time was incorrect. It is saying January 5, 1970 and something like 5am, when it is after 9pm here. However the timezone is correct, and it won't accept/keep manually set date and time. Please help. I checked my wife's phone which is identical and it is fine at this time.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is quite odd, neekoli! May I ask when you updated the device? Please try running in Safe Mode, and see if you still have this same issue with the incorrect date & time. http://vz.to/1vyCAzC

Thanks,
MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes
neekoli

I don't remember exactly, probably within the last month, as I had just replaced the display on this phone and started using it a couple weeks ago. I rebooted into safe mode and still have the same problem. I can change time, date, am/pm and as soon as I click done, it shows the same wrong info.

'IN GOD WE TRUST'

>> Personal information/e-mail reply/headers removed to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service <<

Edited by:  Verizon Moderator

0 Likes