Time zone won't set to Arizona
Corgifan
Enthusiast - Level 2

I noticed this morning that the clock was an hour ahead even though I'm in Arizona and we don't change time with DST here.  The phone is set to MST and won't let me select Arizona time.  I've unchecked Automatic Timezone and Automatic Dater & Time to no avail.  I can select any time zone other than Arizona.   I can set the phone time manually but would prefer to have it adjust automatically as I travel. 

Any suggestion on how to correct this problem?

Labels (2)
Re: Time zone won't set to Arizona
Not applicable

My phone has Arizona time setting. It's a G2. It starts out Alaska, Pacific Time, Tijuana then Arizona.

0 Likes
Corgifan
Enthusiast - Level 2

My phone has Arizona as a choice, it just won't accept it when I select it.

0 Likes
Not applicable

It says MST but the time is correct for Arizona if you select Arizona.

0 Likes
Corgifan
Enthusiast - Level 2

MST shows as 1 hour ahead of local time and the phone will not let me select Arizona.  If I select Arizona it simply reverts back to MST and 1 hour ahead of actual time here. 

0 Likes
Not applicable

I'm telling you if you select Arizona it shows the correct time

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Look in Settings > Clock find the setting for Daylight savings if it's checked un-check it see if it makes the Correction if not Power cycle the phone try it again.. if your still seeing issues you might have to run a clearing of the system cache.. if the time still is showing wrong try switching from 12 to 24 hour time then back.. b33

0 Likes
Corgifan
Enthusiast - Level 2

B33, rebooting the phone seems to have done the trick.  Thanks for the suggestion.  As a long time Windows user I should have thought of that as the fix for Android too! 

0 Likes
raprew
Enthusiast - Level 1

Duplicate post - please see:

https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/1062833#1062833

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
B33
Legend

No problem I got the phone my self.. so i was able to look into the issue, try it,  it worked for me so I thought it would for you as well.. Glad it's working again. b

0 Likes