Trade in Value of my Phone and upgrading to Droid Turbo 2
Basketballman242001

I have a question. My contract is up and im thinking about switching to a different and better service thats cheaper. I havent been vwry pleased with verizon at all. I used to have verizon but then i switched and i came back after a while and im not sure why. Ive gotten pretty crappy customer service and ive had 4 of the same ohones because of the crap refurbished ones you guys have sent me instead of a new one! I know you guys will say youre the best just like they do but i want an honest straight forward answer and maybe itd make me want to stay with verizon. I got an email about upgrading my phone to the droid turbo 2. I have a droid maxx with not a scratch on it. How much can i get trade in for this and how much would it cost me to get the droid turbo 2 if i resigned with you guys and that's without doing the monthly payment plan? This phone interests me and if I can get it for next to nothing and getter a better price, I'll stay with Verizon but if not or if there's any beating around the bush, I'll switch my service and spread the word about the crappy service I've had with Verizon!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Trade in Value of my Phone and upgrading to Droid Turbo 2
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Seeing you so unhappy is very disheartening, Basketballman242001. We certainly don't want to lose you and I'm glad you're giving us the opportunity to help out. I can see why you've been so dissatistied if there's been that many replacements. Even though we don't manufacture the phones it's important that we have a workibng phone in your hands to enjoy our network, so we certainly want to keep replacements to a minimum. To see the price available for your line to complete an upgrade, please log into My Verizon www.vzw.com/signin as the account owner and select Upgrade Device. There's a number of different color and memory size Turbo 2 devices available, so the cost will vary depending on your selection. With an upgrade to a Turbo 2, your current smartphone in good working condition can be traded in for up to $200 off the cost of the new phone. If you upgrade online, you'll see the trade in request in your cart after selecting the Turbo 2. If you upgrade at a store www.vzw.com/storelocator you can trade in directly at the store.

JenniferH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Cell Phone Trade In - Recycle Old Devices with Verizon Wireless

That will tell you the value of the phone.  The Turbo on contract will cost $624 plus tax and $40 upgrade fee.  The payment plan is $40 cheaper as is the full retail price plus tax.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

You're likely to get more $$ for the old phone on swappa or selling it privately than Verizon's trade in "deals".  Then use that money towards buying the Turbo 2 outright, as you said you didn't want a payment plan.

tradeintrick
Contributor - Level 3

That is why the LG Lancet has been out of stock.

0 Likes
jrh0828
Contributor - Level 1

I just checked VZW for the trade-in value of me S4.  With nothing wrong with it, it's worth a whopping $10.50.  I'm sure I could get much more than that just selling directly it to someone else.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

See, that's why I don't trust this trade in calculator.  My LG G2 is worth $51.00 but on the Droid 2 trade in, it's worth $300, not UP TO, but $300.  No way Verizon will offer $51 to recycle and $300 on a 2 year old phone that was $500 new for a Turbo 2 at over $600 present day.