Transferring pics from Droid Turbo to laptop
Eman_on
Enthusiast - Level 2

I charge my phone with a USB, using my computer & in the past I used to see an icon that would let me open & view (or transfer) pics that were on my phone, using my laptop. When I plug it in now though, I no longer see my phone recognized & thus can't view or transfer anything. How can I get this feature back?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Transferring pics from Droid Turbo to laptop
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The default USB mode is now charge only due to the operating system update; pull down the phone's notification shade, tap where it says USB Charging, and change it to File Transfer.

Move Pictures / Videos from Device - DROID TURBO by Motorola | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes
Eman_on
Enthusiast - Level 2

My screen looks nothing like that & clicking or holding on the top bar doesn't do what the video shows.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

When you connect the Turbo and computer with the USB cable, pull down the notification shade.  Depending on how many notifications you have open, you may need to scroll a bit ... do you see a notification that says USB for Charging?  Tap it and you should have several options; tap File Transfers.

0 Likes
Eman_on
Enthusiast - Level 2

Nope all I see is the battery icon & like a lightning bolt inside it & a bar showing how far its charged. What I can pull down says stuff like Blue Tooth, Location, Cast, etc. but nothing about USB or Charging

CRYNOLYN
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same issue with a Note 5. When the USB cord was connected to my computer I used to see options in the pull down menu like File transfer or Photo transfer. Now I only see Charging. Have dug all over the menus. Under Mobile Hotspot and tethering the USB Tethering option is greyed out no matter what cord or computer I try to connect with. My husband's old S4 will still connect with these cords/computers, so the issue is with my phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We can’t have you missing out on transferring files along with the other features Eman_on. Is this happening with other laptops/desktop computers? Are you using the original USB cable that came with the phone or have you used other USB cables for testing?

StevenM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
K9CARE

Recently this occurred to my Droid Maxx.  It stopped recognizing the phone but it would show that it was charging.  I have tried 3 different cables, including the original one, and three different USB ports.  I pull down the shade (as you suggested) and it gives me options but not the ones you describe.  I was able to access one that asked if I wanted to hook up as a drive with another option to do it as a camera.  I ma not always getting this option.  It was previously set to computer, so I switched it to camera.  Now the computer says it does not recognize the USB device.  I am using Windows 7 home premium for an OS.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Eman_on, thank you for those details. Did you recently update the software on your phone? Did you receive a pop up alert when you connected your phone to your computer that advised you that additional sofware is required to complete your task? 

LasinaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
K9CARE

Wow, thanks for your response.  I have not intentionally updated anything on my phone.  When I connect my phone to the laptop it says USB device not recognized.  The phone said it connected as a media device when first attached. The battery icon shows like it is charging but when I look at the battery status it says not charging.

Does this info help?

Thanks again,

Rob [Removed]

personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes