Turbo 2 & Marshmallow
StanleyC61

Has anyone gotten their Turbo 2 to update to Marshmallow 6.0? I've seen its out but mine keeps saying up to date with 5.1. Verizon has no clue. Any info is appreciated.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Turbo 2 & Marshmallow
NickT88
Enthusiast - Level 3

There are tons of threads on this. You aren't alone. I'm still trying to figure it out... Some have been able to get the update through the Software Upgrade Assistant. But you need to make sure you have USB 2.0 and not 3.0 or else it won't recognize your phone. This is what others have done - it just hasn't work for me at all though...

0 Likes
Re: Turbo 2 & Marshmallow
StanleyC61

I did find a way to get the upgrade to work the other day. I read that if you use the Software Upgrade Assistant on a Windows 7 computer (tried Windows 8 & 10 and didn't work) it will work.  I installed the SUA first and then plugged the phone in.  I recognized the phone and did the Marshmallow upgrade in about 10 minutes.  No idea why it worked on the Windows 7 computer and not the others.  Just glad to have the upgrade.  I love being able to set permissions on the apps.  Give it a try if you have a Windows 7 computer.  Pretty annoying that Verizon is no help on this.  

0 Likes