Turbo II Reboots randomly after update to 6.0
BBBMoto
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just did the two part OTA update to Marshmallow and now my Turbo II reboots randomly at least 10-20 times a day. The phone was fine before Marshmallow update. It acts as if the power was cycled just sitting there or using a factory app such as settings or during a call. I use this phone for my business. This problem is very frustrating and super embarrassing.

Please let me know how to fix this bug or issue update with repair or send me a working phone. Again, I cannot be with out my business phone.

Reboot problem occurs:

Battery at 100% or less, battery charges okay.

Performed Full Factory Reset after update

Normal Mode or Safe Mode (even reboots out of safe mode to normal mode)

NO 3rd party Apps installed

NO altering of factory App data or settings other than required OTA updates pushed

Cache Cleared

Reformatted SD card or no SD card

WiFi or no WiFi

Android version 6.0

Android security patch level - March 1, 2016

Configuration version - L14.MOT.XT1585.0

Baseband version - M8994_1255339.41.01.94.01R KINZIE_VZW_CUST

Kernel version

3.10.84-perf-g41d2efe-00003-g1ae05e8

hudsoncm@ilclbld85 #1

Wed Mar 30 14:23:41 CDT 2016

System version

24.14.12.kinzie_verizon.verizon.en.US

Build number

MCK24.78-13.12

Help! Its like the Marshmallow update broke my phone...

Labels (2)
Re: Turbo II Reboots randomly after update to 6.0
BBBMoto
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello Verizon?  Can anyone reason why my Droid Turbo II keeps rebooting after Marshmallow update?

This is unacceptable for a new device. In fact this phone was just replaced a few weeks ago for the "green line in the display" problem so my new phone was actually replaced by a used phone.

Lets look at from another perspective coming from a 30+ year loyal Verizon customer, Comcast literally just dropped a high speed cable in front of my house two days ago. If we can't get this resolved,  Bye Bye Fios TV, Digital Voice landline, Internet and (3) other Verizon wireless phones all grossing $300+ per month for Verizon (or $3600 per year if that simplifies things for you)

You can help make the next choice for me. Please respond and help get this resolved. Surely, I've provided you with enough information.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Did you factory reset yet?

0 Likes
BBBMoto
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, tried all of these methods and the phone still reboots many times a day and night:

Made sure Battery at 100% or less, battery charges okay.

Performed Full Factory Reset after update

Happens in Normal Mode or Safe Mode (even reboots out of safe mode to normal mode)

NO 3rd party Apps installed

NO altering of factory App data or settings other than required OTA updates pushed

Cache Cleared

Reformatted SD card or no SD card

WiFi or no WiFi

Thanks. Verizon can see how many times my phone reboots and logs on recently. Its driving me nuts, reboots during a call, reboots just sitting there, reboots in a business meeting and you can't mute the boot-up sequence so everyone hears it in the meeting, movie or restaurant. I'm so sick of seeing that white Motorola logo. I really just want it to work correctly as I have always been a fan of Motorola products.

Thanks

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I wonder if you got a refurb from the batch that had the board problems with soldering points.  I want to say any G4 that was manufactured before May 2016, with a 505 in the serial number.  Might be wrong though.

0 Likes
BBBMoto
Enthusiast - Level 2

The re-furbished Turbo 2 I received worked fine right up to the point when the latest 6.0 OTA push was installed. It was running on lollypop due to the "hold" Verizon had on the Marshmallow release when they sent the refurbished phone out to me a few weeks ago.

0 Likes
BBBMoto
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've tried multiple Factory Data resets. Verizon can see that as well. Still re-booting randomly.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Check with LG and give them the serial number to check against the batch with the board issues that caused rebooting.  If this is not the case, then Verizon may need to replace this phone.

0 Likes
BBBMoto
Enthusiast - Level 2

This phone is a Motorola (Lenovo manufactured) Droid Turbo II that is having the issues. Thanks.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

BBBMoto wrote:

Hello Verizon?  Can anyone reason why my Droid Turbo II keeps rebooting after Marshmallow update?

This is unacceptable for a new device. In fact this phone was just replaced a few weeks ago for the "green line in the display" problem so my new phone was actually replaced by a used phone.

Lets look at from another perspective coming from a 30+ year loyal Verizon customer, Comcast literally just dropped a high speed cable in front of my house two days ago. If we can't get this resolved,  Bye Bye Fios TV, Digital Voice landline, Internet and (3) other Verizon wireless phones all grossing $300+ per month for Verizon (or $3600 per year if that simplifies things for you)

You can help make the next choice for me. Please respond and help get this resolved. Surely, I've provided you with enough information.

Unfortunately, since you didn't mark your post as a question when you created it, the official VZW reps that roam this community forum will never see your post. It basically never reaches their reading queue. Before you think to repost it, duplicate postings are not allowed here either and will be removed.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes