Turbo won't receive calls
dandiane
Enthusiast - Level 2

Turbo won't receive calls, goes straight to VM. I have tried all the little fixes as suggested by other users and V support which seems to work for a day or two then stops working again. Has there been a permanent fix yet?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Turbo won't receive calls
EDogg2309

I'm having the same issue today.  For the last hour I haven't been able to send text messages either.  It says they are "sending".

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I’m sorry to hear your device is not receiving phone call, dandiane. Let’s make sure this gets fixed asap. When did this problem start happening? What zip code are you in? Are you experiencing any other service issues with your device? Please share details.

AnthonyC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want your phone to work as intended, EDogg2309. Let’s get some more details and explore ways to resolve. When did issues start? What is your ZIP code?

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
dandiane
Enthusiast - Level 2

This started about 3 weeks ago, zip code 48603, and no other service issues that I have noticed.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Three weeks is far too long dandiane! Let's make sure you can get your calls again. Have you checked to ensure call forwarding wasn't accidentally turned on? Please dial *73 to ensure that is disabled. Are any other Verizon Wireless users having any issues that you are aware of?
NicoleB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
cyrus_grt

I was having the same exact issues. They started last night. Calls were being dropped and text messages were hanging. Tech support told me that it's a known issue with Advanced Calling and she had me turn it off. Text messages have been going through, but the true test will be a later today when I make some calls. It's just hard to believe that without any updates to the phone this version of Advanced Calling is now a problem. The latest update was back in October of 2015. So why are we having problems now???

PS. I did read about Galaxy S6 having issues with Advanced Calling prior to their latest update, but this is the first time it's happening to me.

0 Likes
dandiane
Enthusiast - Level 2

Call forwarding is off. No other issues that I’m aware of.

0 Likes
cyrus_grt

Try turning your Advanced Calling off and see if it fixes your issue. Settings>Advanced Calling>Advanced Calling (again), then switch it off. It's worth a try. Mine has been much better since i turned it off last night. Don't get me wrong I'm a little disappointed and upset that i had to turn off a feature/service i liked in order for my phone to work properly, but it's much better than having calls dropped left and right. Good luck!!

0 Likes
dandiane
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks Cyrus,

I never had the advanced calling turned on but I tried switching it on and then off just in case. I’ve tried a number of other things and they all seem to work for a couple hours, a day, sometimes two days, but then it happens again when the calls won’t ring through. I’m just really disappointed because I liked this phone so much in the beginning. Now I’ve told everyone to leave a me a voice message because I won’t receive their call. It [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service].

0 Likes