Turbo won't ring
hmyers12
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi,

In the last 2 weeks I have noticed that my phone has stopped ringing when I get calls and the hands free driving feature isn't reading texts or stating when I have a call. When a call does come in the phone vibrats but doesn't ring.

When I resart my phone it works for a time then stops again. I have a ringtone set, the phone isn't on silent. My phone isn't set to not interrupt me (sleeping or in a meeting). Its happening on all calls.

Heather

Labels (2)
Re: Turbo won't ring
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That sounds terrible, Heather! I also have a Droid Turbo, but have truly had a great experience with it since activating it last week. I'm sure we can solve these problems. I'm a bit uncertain about one thing you've mentioned. You said that the device isn't ringing and the hands free feature won't read texts or letting you know when you're getting a call. Do these issues only occur while the device is supposed to be in hands free mode? If so, what Bluetooth device are you connecting to?

DionM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
hmyers12
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi,

I'm not using a Bluetooth currently. I'm using the Drive Assist setting in Moto. However, the problem is occurring all the time not just when I'm driving.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We'll figure out what's causing this yet, hmyers12! You did say it works correctly for a short time after restarting. Please try running the device in Safe Mode, and see if it continues working correctly. http://vz.to/1A27nei  Keep us posted!

Thanks,
MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Apd1075
Enthusiast - Level 1

My Turbo is not ringing either. Doesn't even show a missed call. Went to Verizon store today and they reset it. Worked for about an hour, then stopped working again.  What's up?

danersue
Enthusiast - Level 2

Mine is similar. I have called, taken phone in to Verizon. They turned call forwarding off. Thought that fixed it but nope. 2 weeks later same thing..... Phone doesn't ring. I get a voicemail or someone says "I called you 8 times... What's up' NONe of those calls ever show up as missed calls. So then Verizon starts taking about towers and antennas blah blah. This is crap

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good morning! Thanks to all or you for keeping us updated on this. Please try disabling the Moto Assist Application http://vz.to/1tCXsEx. Settings > Apps > All > Moto Assist > Disable. Then restest, please. Any change?

TanishaS1_VZW

0 Likes
apo11ox

I have the same problem. Disabling moto didn't help

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the heads up apollox! May I ask do you have bluetooth turned off in Settings? Also, does other audio functions work properly? Assuming that you do not have any liquid or physical damage on your Turbo, please advise of the questions above so we can proceed.

Thank you…

ArnettH_VZW

0 Likes
sfji
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same problem.  My Turbo stopped ringing the day after I got it (approx. 1.5 weeks ago).  I took it back to the store and they did a soft reset and was told if it happens again it's probably something wrong with the phone.  This worked for a couple days but it's currently not ringing again. I don't have MotoAssist as an app in my settings, so I can't try disabling it.  My spouse has the same phone (different color) and has no issue.  Seems to be hit or miss.  This is very disappointing.