Turbo2 Upgrade Download Failed - V 23.31.24.en.US
pingram3541
Enthusiast - Level 2

Upon choosing to upgrade my phone from the notification I received this morning I see that it failed.  In Settings > System Updates I see the following:

Last System Update:

Software not updated to 23.31.24.en.US

Download failed - March 11, 2016 at 11:51AM

When choosing the option to Check for System Update it responds with: Your device's software is up to date.

However when checking the device version it is 23.31.23.en.US

I have tried this over 2 different wifi networks, verifying access to the internet, as well as over the air 4G.  Please advise thank you.

Labels (2)
Re: Turbo2 Upgrade Download Failed - V 23.31.24.en.US
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

pingram3541,

We know that the latest and greatest updates are always exciting and always want you to have the latest software. Currently the update has not yet been released so this will prevent the update from starting. We apologize for any confusion, but at the current time there would be no set release date. You can continue to check for updates through your settings, but once available you will also be prompted on your device to start the update. We appreciate your patience.

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
wesievert78
Enthusiast - Level 1

Exact same situation and details excepting the time of day.

wesievert78
Enthusiast - Level 1

The update was offered this morning as "update 2 of 2." I even remember seeing that the update would take 35 minutes. I guess, according to the response above, that this was an unfortunate tease of a glitch in the system.

Ando2409
Enthusiast - Level 1

My phone updated the first process to 23.31.24 and attempted to do the second when it asked me to connect to wifi. I connected acouple hours later and it immediately said it failed to update to 24.14.11 and now says my device is up to date? Android version is still at 5.1.1, do I need to wait for the update to become available to me or is there something wrong?

J14wrig
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same issue!! Very frustrating

pingram3541
Enthusiast - Level 2

@AdamG_VZW The 2-step upgrade was offered to me this morning (and my wife) stating it would take approx 35min and would offer the new Android 6 version. Both my wife and I bought identical phones at the same time.  Her upgrade completed (approx 35 min) and she is now on the new Android version.

I chose to proceed as well and a 10 second countdown began stating the phone was going to reboot for the upgrade.  It rebooted and came back up fairly quickly.  This was my first clue something might have gone wrong.

I checked the phone version and that's when I saw the update download had failed of which I tried the Check for Updates option and it reported that my phone was up to date.  I tried changing networks and repeating the process but still kept saying my phone was up to date.  I also tried a hard shut down and trying again after a reboot.

I am wondering if this roll out uses a queuing system and maybe somehow I lost my spot in the queue?

AlexS77
Enthusiast - Level 3

VZWSupport on Twitter. This entire situation is getting old fast. Don't release an update if it is not ready. I think I can speak for most customers by saying get your act together because you're looking like a joke.

Holyterror
Enthusiast - Level 1

Agreed.  This is so annoying!  First it says to update and interrupts me every two minutes while in the middle of dealing with a work crisis, then it fails, then you say it's not actually ready and you there's actually no release date yet.  Thanks for wasting everyone's time, and for being incompetent Verizon.

Gtlaw
Enthusiast - Level 1

Come on Verizon this device should have been released with Android 6.0. If it weren't for the shatter resistant but extremely easily scratched screen I wouldn't have bougt this thing in the first place.