Re: Turbo2 Upgrade Download Failed - V 23.31.24.en.US
pingram3541
Enthusiast - Level 2

Like I said, both my wife and I bought Turbo2's at the exact same time about a week ago.  We were both offered the update this morning and relatively proceeded at the same time (mine about an hour after her).  Her upgrade was successful, mine was not.

@AdamG_VZW - How can you say the update is not ready or hasn't been officially released?  How did my wife happen to slip through the cracks and successfully upgrade?  I've verified her version clearly shows 6.0 along with the numerous software differences that come with the new flavor.

Marstro
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm in the exact same situation as the OP. Quite frustrating.

0 Likes
DubiousDave

It sounds like Verizon support had no idea that the Marshmallow release was planned for today - they really should be better informed. After receiving the notice on my phone today, I attempted the first of 2 updates which failed. I got the 10 second countdown, then the device failed to reboot or show any signs of an update in progress. After checked "System Updates" I saw the error message that the download of 23.31.24.en.US had failed, and "Check for system update" reports that I am up to date. Under "About Phone"->"System Version" it says I am still running "23.31.23.kinzie_verizon.verizon.en.US", so nothing was changed. Sounds like a real mess-up. Perhaps the release was pulled some time after it was first pushed. Maybe we should all be glad we didn't get the update

0 Likes
pingram3541
Enthusiast - Level 2

DubiousDave My thoughts exactly.  No hurry here just thought it should be reported for awareness.

0 Likes
Sparadis

Same issue here...  What a tease!

0 Likes
Motoyogi
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just to add to the list, my phone did the same thing. It alerted me about 2 updates. One completed, the second did not.

Nish91

Same here. Found this thread by Google. Glad to know it's not my phone but a glitch on their end.

0 Likes
AlexS77
Enthusiast - Level 3

I think we all should flood the call center with calls about the issue & see if that will get any results. I could understand it it had only been the first update, preparing for 6.0, but don't try to give us the second update that is for 6.0 if it isn't ready & will only fail.

Jmthoune
Enthusiast - Level 2

Encountered the same issue. Update 1 and 2 but failed to upgrade to 6.0. Bummed on the delay.

0 Likes
baileyj2007
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same exact issue. Unfortunately I took the route of contacting customer service and after 3 days of them troubleshooting (resetting my phone 3 times and installing the SUA that wouldn't list any devices), they wanted to send me a "certified like-new" phone to replace my 3 month old phone. I opted to keep my phone and run Android 5.1.1. Hopefully what was previously stated is true and I'll eventually get 6.0.0.

0 Likes