Re: Turbo2 Upgrade Download Failed - V 23.31.24.en.US
AlexS77
Enthusiast - Level 3

There is a discussion somewhere on using the computer connect. It worked, took some time to download it then update it, but follow the instructions in that discussion and you'll be on 6.0.

0 Likes
baileyj2007
Enthusiast - Level 1

I actually tried this as well (of it is the software upgrade assistant you're talking about) and unfortunately in my case it did not work (it could not recognize my device). Others may have better luck than me...

0 Likes
NavySTi

Would love to hear if anyone else had gotten the "USB to computer" method to upgrade to Marshmallow to actually work for them.

Verizon:  Any idea when the OTA update will work for everyone???

0 Likes
jrswitz
Enthusiast - Level 1

You have to use VZW software upgrade assistant, but it won't work with USB 3.0. I had to install it on my old laptop with USB 2.0, and it worked just fine. I hope this will help you.

Jmthoune
Enthusiast - Level 2

I would like to know as well. I followed the instructions and even contacted a Verizon rep. She couldn't help to find the USB Setting on my phone.

0 Likes
tgermaneri
Enthusiast - Level 1

Using the "Verizon Wireless Software Upgrade Assistant" worked.  Just plug your phone into a windows or mac computer, run the software that appears on the drive that shows up, and it'll allow you to update your phone.  No further instructions needed really.

J14wrig
Enthusiast - Level 2

It worked for me as well!

0 Likes
baileyj2007
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you that was my issue. After swapping to an older machine with USB 2.0, the SUA finally recognized my device and I upgraded to 6.0!

0 Likes
dmayo32

Of the 4 T2s my family has all but one updated successfully with no issue. One them failed to update then said it was up to date however that being Lollipop. However I successfully updated to Marshmallow via Verizon Software Upgrade assistant connected by USB to my PC. All are in good working order at this time. Overall I've been pleased with the Turbo 2 performance.

Hopefully this helps someone. I'd be glad to provide more details if needed.

0 Likes
simmerinalong

Unbelievable that this is so easy, yet Verizon phone and chat support has no clue this "failed download" and failed update issue even exists. Believe me - I called, I chatted online, and they know NOTHING.

Thanks to replies on this post and some of my own searching, I found - downloaded - and installed the "Verizon software upgrade assistant". From there, I connected my phone and followed the prompts. I now have Android 6 on my Droid Turbo 2 - 23.31.24.

So thanks to those of you who discovered this before me and took the time to share it here.

0 Likes