Two seperate contacts appear to be the same one in Text Messaging
Glitch
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have two separate contacts that when I text message them it always lists them as the same contact.  So when I look at my list of conversations in the Text messaging app it shows two separate conversations for the same contact, but one of them is falsely labeled and is actually for the 2nd contact. 

In other words contact A's conversation and contact B's conversation are both label

I have two seperate contacts that when I text message them it always lists them as the same contact.  So when I look at my list of conversations in the Text messageing app it shows tow seperate conversatoins for the same contact, but one of them is falely labeled and is actully for the 2nd contact. 

IN other words contact A's conversation and contact B's conversation are both labelled as a conversation with contact A.  It's also wierd to look at the list of text messaging conversations and see the same contact listed twice, even though one of them is with contact B.

Has anyone else experienced something like this?

Does anyone have any advice on how to correct this?

ed as a conversation with contact A.  It's also weird to look at the list of text messageing conversations and see the same contact listed twice, even though one of them is with contact B.

Has anyone else experienced something like this?

Does anyone have any advice on how to correct this?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Two seperate contacts appear to be the same one in Text Messaging
Glitch
Enthusiast - Level 3

Correct

These names are not similar, and other than the area code their cell phone numbers associated with these two contacts are completely different.

One of the two contacts is linked to a Facebook account.

Taking a closer look, I see that they both have the same home phone number.  I deleted the incorrect home phone number and that appears to have cleared up the issue.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Glitch
Enthusiast - Level 3

Wow, that really butchered my post. 

Sorry everyone, but I did not post it like that, and don't see a way I can edit and correct how this message board butchered it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Glitch!

I'm sure this is very inconvenient and confusing for you. Lets get to the bottom of this. As I understand, you have two separate conversations, however both are labeled with the same name? Are these names similar or the same listed anywhere else on the device, like Facebook, Twitter, etc? Keep me posted.

Thanks,
AdamE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Glitch
Enthusiast - Level 3

Correct

These names are not similar, and other than the area code their cell phone numbers associated with these two contacts are completely different.

One of the two contacts is linked to a Facebook account.

Taking a closer look, I see that they both have the same home phone number.  I deleted the incorrect home phone number and that appears to have cleared up the issue.

0 Likes