Unable to Charge
djtacoman

TL;DR: Droid Razr Maxx won't charge, even though I've tried all kinds of power-cycling I can think of.  Need help fixing this.

My wife and I both have the Droid Razr Maxx.  Last night, with my phone at ~40% charge, I plugged it in to charge overnight.  It didn't say 'Charging' when I did this, which struck me as odd, so I tried unplugging and replugging it in, swapping my wife's charger with mine (hers showed charging while plugged into my charger, but mine didn't when plugged into her charger when hers had been charging fine on that one).  I decided to leave it to try to charge overnight and figured it might just not be noticing it should be charging, but was picking up charge.  I awoke this morning to the phone at ~30% charge, but showing 'Charging'.  I hadn't done anything to it, so it had eventually realized it should be charging, but didn't take in anything from the wire.  I tried powering down, powering back up, and plugging it in with no result in ability to charge.  I tried powering it down, plugging it in, then leaving it for an hour.  It's currently 'Charging' while off, but is at ~5% charge.  It appears to be cycling between actually charging and not actually charging, maybe thinking it's not actually plugged in, with the Motorola logo coming on periodically, then it showing either the battery charging at 5%, 0%, or ?. 

What can I do to fix this?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Unable to Charge
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

djtacoman, thanks for these great details. We're here to help you fix this issue. Does your device have any physical or liquid damage? Is the charging port loose? Have you downloaded any battery related applications to your device from the Google Play market?

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
djtacoman

The phone doesn't have any physical or liquid damage.  I haven't dropped it onto anywhere hard or into a puddle between it being able to charge and now.  The charging port didn't appear to be loose, nor corroded.  I do have a battery monitoring app, which hasn't had any updates since I installed it over a year ago, so I doubt it's caused by that.

In the end, I've already gotten a replacement phone through the insurance program.  The original phone is being returned soon.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional details djtacoman. I'm pleased to hear that a replacement is on its' way. Here's more support on the go if you ever need it! http://bit.ly/yN1P80

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes