Unable to power on
LORCOO72

My droid turbo suddenly isn't powering on and the support topic "cannot power on or off" only covers how to power off.   Ideas?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Unable to power on
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you plug it into a wall charger, does it show it is fully charged?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
cmclarkster

I am having the same problem. I can get the phone to charge to 100%

My phone started acting strangely 2 days ago, so I decided it was time to do a factory refresh and start over again. The phone would lock up within minutes after starting. I went into the fastboot menu and did a factory reset from the "Recovery mode" menu. All appeared to go well, but when I reboot, it goes to the Motorola logo screen, vibrates, and goes no further. I even left it sit on that screen for several hours.

Any suggestions?

Information from my fastboot screen:

AP Fastboot Flash Mode (Secure)

BL: moto-apq8084-70.8A (sha-012bfc8. 2016-04-05 12:03.09)

Baseband:

Product/Variant: quark XT1254 32GB PrA

Serial Number: ZX1F22ZSZV

CPU: APQ8084 ES1.1

eMMC: 32GB Sandisk RV=07 PV=01 TY=57

DRAM: 3072MB Hynix 58 SDRAM DIE=6Gb

Console (NULL): null

Battery OK

Device is LOCKED.  Status Code: 0

Sofware status: Official

Connect USB Data Cable

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That sounds like it may be a pretty serious issue, especially if a factory reset does not correct it.  Have you contacted customer care to see if you are eligible for a warranty replacement?

noahs_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
dcpetrey

mine started doing same thing.  seems like a battery/ charge issue as it will boot up perfectly fine when constantly plugged in. battery charge shows 100% but will consistently turn off once unplugged.

Verizon rep tried selling me a refurbished one for $150.

is this battery failure??  and since battery isn't removable phone is now junk??  hardware failure??

thanks!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dcpetrey,

Oh my, it is concerning that your device won't stay powered on when unplugged from the charger. Does the device show any signs of physical or liquid damage? Let's attempt to put the device in safety mode to see if you get the same treatment. Here's the steps: http://vz.to/2hmXCE2

KatrinaN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
dcpetrey

Safe mode didn't help.  Phone still [Removed] down once unplugged.

profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dcpetrey,

Thank you for attempting that step. I will need to get additional information from you. Please check your inbox for a message from us.

KatrinaN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
JOHHOM46

Phone was completely dead, plugged it in, and it won't "recognize" it's being charged or turn on

0 Likes