Unable to receive text msg sent to multiple recipients.
StuMc

I am unable to receive a text message sent to multiple recipients UNLESS I am connected to the Verizon 4G network.  I will not receive these types of messages if I am connected via WiFi.  When this type of message comes in I do not get an audible alert.  I only get the notification icon on the title bar at the top of the display.  If I'm not connected to the 4G network I won't see the message until I do so.  Any idea why this is?  My friends don't seem to have this problem (whether they are on Verizon or not).

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Unable to receive text msg sent to multiple recipients.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi StuMC, I realize how important it is to send messages to many people is important. Let me assist you with this concern. Are you able to make and receive calls? Are you using a 3rd party App to send and receive messages? Share more details so I can get this resolved for you.

EdwinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
StuMc

I have no problem making or receiving calls.  In fact, all the functionality of my RAZR is working just fine with the exception of this problem.  I am not using a 3rd party app for text messages.  I'm using the one that came with the phone. 

I can receive text messages that are from a single user.

And I can receive text messages from multiple users as long as I am connected to the 4G network, but I typically am not connected there all the time; I use it only when I don't have access to a WiFi connection.

What else can I tell you that might help?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

StuMc, thanks for this information. In order to send or receive group messages mobile data must be enabled. Have you attempted using Verizon Messages?
EstebanP_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
StuMc

I see.  So sending/receiving text messages to/from multiple parties is a limitation of some sort.  Do you know if this is a limitation of the app, the phone, or the provider?

I had not tried using Verizon Messages (aka Message+), but decided to give it a try.  Unfortunately, I get the same results:  messages to multiple recipients requires mobile data to be enabled  I got this message from the app:
"We were unable to connect your device to synchronize with Verizon Integrated Messaging service.  Most likely cause of this is Network connectivity problems. Please ensure that you have valid Network connectivity and you can attempt to reconnect your device to Verizon Integrated Messaging through the Settings menu of the application."

I get the feeling that I'm kind of stuck here.  While my friends to run into this problem it may be that they maintain a constant state of connected-ness.  I've polled them to see if that's the case, but don't have any answers yet.

The only solution I can see is to make sure I am always connected to Verizon's 4G network, but I'm kind of loathe to do that as it tends to drain my battery much, much quicker than normal. 

Do you have any other ideas?

BTW, I kind of like Message+ so I may stick with that.

Thanks.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

StuMc, I would love to clarify. This is a device function and the device needs to be connected to the network to send/receive group text messages. I suggest connecting to the network when participating in group messages and using wifi other times. Thank you.

TominqueB_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
StuMc

Thanks for the clarification.

I already know that I have to connect to the network in order to retrieve these types of messages,

but I was hoping there was another solution.  One that would not require network connectivity.

Also, I never get an audible alert telling me there is a multiple-recipient message (as I do with

a 1-to-1 message).  So unless I'm looking at my phone I may not see the message light for

quite a while.  Still, that's not your fault.

Thanks for trying to help.  At least I know I've explored all available avenues for a solution.

I'll just have to live with it as it is.

0 Likes