Unread Email Counter is incorrect.
asardaro
Enthusiast - Level 2

On my Droid Maxx my unread email counter is showing 15 when I have no unread emails. I have cleared the data in the badger app but as soon as the email gets checked again the count is off again. This is just annoying.
Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks,

Al

P.S. I have also removed the email accounts from my phone and added them back the issue recurs so afterward.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Unread Email Counter is incorrect.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Look no further, help is here . It is very strange that the numbers are not matching up between your phone and your email account. What app are you using to check & delete you emails? Is it the default one from the phone or one from some other 3rd party provider?
BryanS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

asardaro
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am using the standard email app.

0 Likes
asardaro
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am using the standard email app.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

asardaro-

I personally use my e-mail more than text messaging as it is my main form of communication. I am sure this may be frustrating. Have you checked your email account from a computer to see if there are any unread emails? When you say you have cleared the app, are you referring to the application manager where you select your email account and clear the cache and data as well as force stopping the app?

CarmenT_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
asardaro
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did check my email on a computer, no unread emails. I only went into the app manager and cleared the cache data for the badger app, not my email app.

Thanks,

Al

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

asardaro, this is mysterious for them not to match. Do you have folders set up on your computer or phone that separate the emails into different places? Have you checked to see if you have you email server syncing from your phone and your computer?
CheriS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
asardaro
Enthusiast - Level 2

I do not have my emails separate out into other folders. I do not use an email client on a computer to check my email. I almost exclusively use my phone. Once in a blue moon I will log into the web interface.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for giving all those great steps a try, asardaro. Just to confirm, is the unread notification showing for Gmail or Email icon? If you tap the menu in the upper left corner of either of those email applications, you should be able to see a list of folders as well as an All Inbox option. Please tap All Inboxes then tap the menu again to select the Unread section

JenniferH_VZW

0 Likes