Unwanted ads on locked apps
outofwhimsy
Enthusiast - Level 2

I suddenly had ads at the top section of any page/app that is locked. I don't know how to get rid of them.

I have a droid Maxx.

Help me please. Thank you

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Unwanted ads on locked apps
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
outofwhimsy,

Help is here! We will make sure you know what to do before having to go through everything.  These links will help with each:

Verizon Cloud: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/how-to-use-verizon-cloud/

Factory Reset: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-83492/

Besides doing this, you do want to ensure you know your Gmail account & password. Your Gmail will backup your apps, calendar, etc. The verizon Cloud will backup contacts, pictures, etc. Let us know if you come across any other questions.

ChristinaM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely want to help you with this unwanted ads issue, Cherry. Let’s get some additional information and explore ways to resolve. When did this issue start? Do you remember if it started after updating/installing a particular application? Which specific locked application reproduces those unwanted ads?

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lets ensure that we closely review the ads that you are now seeing. May I ask when this began? Any recent changes or additions to the device? ( ie, new app or software )
YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
outofwhimsy
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for your response. I don't think I mentioned, the phone is a Motorola droid Maxx. The ads started on Jan 9th. I had used the WiFi at my Daughter's house. The next day the ads were there. I just have the swipe screen to open my phone. After that I have an app lock for all apps. The lock screens are on all apps. The ads are showing up on all of the locked screens. So all of them. The ads take up the upper half of the screen. I have deleted everything I could think of. And added every ad blocker or malware remover I thought might help. I know probably a bad idea. Thank you.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

outofwhimsy,

Let's get this phone fixed! These issues you're describing sound terrible! Most often the cause of such alerts actually are things like antivirus and anti-malware. I would very strongly recommend removing any application that could be considered a task killer/task manager or antivirus/anti-malware. I would also recommend going into Settings > Security & Screen Lock > Device Administrators and see what applications you show here and if any are checked. You really only want Motorola, Google, or Verizon applications listed here. Other things are apps you should remove. If you've removed everything and this issue continues, you will probably need to Factory Reset your phone. Do you have a backup of your phone's content?

EricW_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
outofwhimsy
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi. I'm not receiving alerts, I'm getting ads on the locked apps. If I do a factory reset do I lose everything that is on my phone? All the pictures, ringtones, contacts, calendar, etc.... I do not know how to do a back up. Other than all of the easy stuff I don't know how to do these things. I'm not even sure how to use the cloud. HELP!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
outofwhimsy,

Help is here! We will make sure you know what to do before having to go through everything.  These links will help with each:

Verizon Cloud: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/how-to-use-verizon-cloud/

Factory Reset: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-83492/

Besides doing this, you do want to ensure you know your Gmail account & password. Your Gmail will backup your apps, calendar, etc. The verizon Cloud will backup contacts, pictures, etc. Let us know if you come across any other questions.

ChristinaM_VZW

0 Likes