Already on my 2nd turbo 2 because Motorola said was defective due to update not functioning. Verizon and Motorola are clueless. My replacement doesn't even have the update. Guess I'll be filing a BBB complaint.
I'm about to do the same thing. This is a huge load of garbage. Lately Verizon customer service and technical support feels like they are completely clueless.
Not sure why Verizon Tech Support can't come up with the fix for this but with some research I came across this .pdf(http://www.verizonwireless.com/dam/support/pdf/system_update/BPOD-H9887-SUA-moto-V7.pdf).
Download the software at the sites on bottom of document:
This software updated my DROID TURBO 2 after over the air didn't.
I had actually never plugged this phone into my computer. When I did auto-play popped up and asked if I wanted to download and install the Software Upgrade Assistant. Here's the kicker it said update available, unlike my device which thinks it's up-to-date.
The update is currently 15% downloaded. I'll update the post if this works. Thanks for the tip mtbrown0510
I can now confirm that this did fix the issue. I left my phone at home today because the update took an hour to get to 50% downloaded. However, when I got home I followed the instructions on the screen to unplug and re-plug my phone to my computer. This caused a pop up on the phone that I had to select an option to update from the computer and it finished. Hope this helps people with the same issue.