Update idiocy! Why for cryin' out loud?
mmillig3

Just after I bought my phone Jellybean came through and wiped out several things I used.  Now this!  Can't turn off my ringer, battery drains fast, can't access the Wifi at my house or anywhere else.  What a load of nonsense.  In my opinion, when you buy something, you should get what you paid for.  This is turning out to be a case of fraud.  Verizon is about to get my phone back in a way they are not going to like.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Update idiocy!  Why for cryin' out loud?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@mmillig3,

I definitely understand your frustration! Updates are meant to improve the device, not cause you headaches.

Sounds like you're experience a lot of different issues after the update. In many cases some 3rd party apps are not compatible with the new software and can cause issues. I want to rule this out by having you test the phone in safe mode http://vz.to/1nBbtlO for a few hours to see if you notice a difference.

If the issues stop while in safe mode then you will need to uninstall all 3rd party apps and add them back one at a time to determine which one is causing the problem.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@mmillig3,

I definitely understand your frustration! Updates are meant to improve the device, not cause you headaches.

Sounds like you're experience a lot of different issues after the update. In many cases some 3rd party apps are not compatible with the new software and can cause issues. I want to rule this out by having you test the phone in safe mode http://vz.to/1nBbtlO for a few hours to see if you notice a difference.

If the issues stop while in safe mode then you will need to uninstall all 3rd party apps and add them back one at a time to determine which one is causing the problem.

JohnB_VZW

0 Likes
Re: Update idiocy! Why for cryin' out loud?
mmillig3

I will follow these steps and let you know what happens. I still have the question as to WHY VZ feels that we need updates particularly changing things that don't need fixing. Why can't they just leave things alone unless there is a problem?

0 Likes
mmillig3

While in my office, I followed the instructions. I found that I could then see the list of WiFi and wireless networks I usually could.

Now that I am at home, my phone is connecting to my Verizon jetpack but will not see my home wireless signal.

I tried putting it in Safe Mode with no change.

0 Likes
mmillig3

Repeated all of the steps. Everything seems to be working at this point. Many thanks for your help. When my phone does not function properly, it greatly impacts my way to do my job.

Mike Milligan

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mmillig3 I understand the importance of having reliable service, especially for business purposes! I'm glad that completing the steps again corrected the error. If you have any other questions/concerns, we're always here to help! Also visit our Support Page at http://vz.to/1hYsYIP 

AshleyS_VZW

0 Likes