(Updated!)No CDMA (3G) only option on ICS?
mithmal
Contributor - Level 1

I have the Maxx and i don't have the ICS upgrade yet but i assume i won't get mine for a few day. I have been reading that the ICS upgrade removes the option for CDMA 3G only option. IS THIS TRUE?! If this is true, i don't know what i will do since 4G does NOT work on my phone. Maybe its the area i'm in or the phone i'm not sure. This is the second Maxx i have the first on the speaker stopped working but Neither phone worked on 4G. When i talk to Verizon they say its this phone, when i talk to Motorola they say its Verizon. Either way i don't care i just wish they would fix this issue cause i know i'm not the only one having this issue.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: No CDMA (3G) only option on ICS?
PJNC284
Master - Level 2
B33
Legend

Removes the Option ?  Care to Share were you Read it. I don't thank that would happen Bubba and it would be a Good Idea to leave the Setting were it is.. As for I.C.S it's being Checked by the Soak tester! if all goes Well you will See it possibly Early Next Week But Make Sure your in an Area Close to a Tower to a Get a good Signal An make Sure Your Battery is Fully Charged An Tell Aunt Bessie or your Girl Friend Not to Call For At least 45 min.  Because it's a Big Download an it Requires No Interruptions Ok Bubba you do That an you will Be Set..with some Ice Cream Sandwich.. By the way Are you in a 3G all area or do you have 4G around you.. 

0 Likes
mithmal
Contributor - Level 1

I read it on droid-life and android central. I didn't say it was true just seeing if anyone with ICS on the Maxx would be able to verify. Yes i know about the soak test i know i won't see it till next week. Verizon says i'm in a good 4G area (Detroit, Michigan) but i still have no data connection when i try to use 4G. I thought with the last update 4G would be able to work but still no data connection whenever i try to use it.

0 Likes
Not applicable

It could take a couple weeks for everyone to get ICS.  If they did remove the 3G only option, that should make no difference.  The phone automatically switches back and forth depending on the signal you are receiving and the signal strength.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Ok  No it Doesn't matter Weather if you have Gingerbread or I.C.S. you would still get 4G As long as your switch is in CDMA/LTE it Should Switch automatically that is unless there Working on the System. An you said your in Detroit witch should have Good or Great Service But you might be in a Pocket were it's not Getting to Ya!  Have you went Out-Side your Home to See if you could get the 4G indicator to pop up on your Maxx..Give that a Try. Get back with me an Let me Know..oK  b33

0 Likes
mithmal
Contributor - Level 1

well mine does not switch i have to do it manually so now i just leave it in 3G.

mithmal
Contributor - Level 1

I have done everything possible to try to get 4G working, talk to verizon about once a week about this issue, every time i talk to them they just wanna send me another phone, and i keep saying no just fix your network, and verizon says its the phone, not the network. This is my second phone but i only got the second one because speaker stop working.

0 Likes
Rashid

You should get 4g in and around Detroit area as it was one of the first areas to get 4G

0 Likes
mithmal
Contributor - Level 1

That's what i was told when i got the phone, but so far it is not true.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Maybe you need to do a reset.  Mine switches back and forth as I drive from 3G to 4G to 3G, etc.  It switches instantaneously.

0 Likes