Re: Updated to Kit Kat. Now my phone won't connect to my home Wifi.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

tptshoe wrote:

Same problems here. Is it possible to revert to the old version?

Nope.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
TJ366
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for the tip about the blue tooth. It worked.  Until they get a fix, I will have to remember to turn it off as I use my bluetooth a lot, but I guess I am happy there's a work around.

I did go into the Verizon store here, and the guy researched it and said... Yep.  It's a problem.  He said that they will be putting out a fix soon, but unk when. 

Would have thought something like this would have been caught before release.

jaj77
Enthusiast - Level 2

That worked! Thanks for the tip! Like you said, not a good fix, but a fix at least until Verizon gets this sorted out.

0 Likes
mamaluvsblues
Enthusiast - Level 1

Updated to the new software update two days ago. On my phone status is shows update deferred? What's with that? Called tech support..he said not to sorry about it?? Many issues immediately upon rebooting. Today my WiFi will not connect. I hope they get a fix on this soon.

0 Likes
CallingItLikeISeeIt
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for the tip about turning off Bluetooth as a work around. Not optimal but it works. Wish I knew this before I factory reset my device 😕

tptshoe
Enthusiast - Level 1

So my temporary work-around is to set up a smartaction to turn off bluetooth when I'm at home. This works fine, except it means I can't use bluetooth at home, which I actually have a need to do. So it's temporary.

ATTN: Verizon, please get a fix for this out ASAP or permit us to "downgrade" to the previous, working, version of the os!!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tptshoe,

I'm sorry to hear about the problems experienced since the most recent update. Certainly, they are developed to enhance your phone's functions. The software updates are required by the manufacturer and unfortunately, it can't be reverted. I apologize.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
TJ366
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon

I appreciate the answer that the update cannot be reverted.  However, the update didn't necessarily enhance the phone's functions.  To not be able to use Bluetooth because you are using Wifi (or vice versa) is not an enhancement.  I sincerely hope that the the fix is on it's way soon.

0 Likes
droidrazrmaxxhd
Contributor - Level 1

Wow, I'm glad I can still use wifi and Bluetooth together... that would really suck. My only issue with bluetooth and the 4.4.2 update was having to manually re-pair. my wifi connection was much improved, and I get 150Mbps connection to the router instead of 65Mbps max on 4.1.2.

I wonder if this is certain bluetooth or wifi devices that this comes up with. I'm using LG Tone LBS-730 for bluetooth, and a Linksys 802.11ac EA6500 at home, but several public wifi access points as well, and stream radio using Google Play Music, Pandora, and MXPlayer for local mp3 and also AAC+ network streams while using wifi.

Or are there different hardware or system versions that produce different results? I have previously had horrible camera issues with a previous Droid Razr Maxx HD, and a friend had the same issues, but I replaced it with another, and I've NEVER had the camera issues, and I have a different system version. Unsure if that is why. Just trying to throw things out there and hypothesize, since Verizon retards on here are worthless, typing from scripts and have no real knowledge. I don't know.

DROID RAZR MAXX HD

System version 183.46.10.XT926.Verizon.en.US

Baseband version VANQUISH_BP_100731.020.64.21P

Kernel version 3.4.42-g4ee8163Build number KDA20.62-10.1

Build date Fri May 2 02:41:20 PDT 2014

0 Likes
B1gJ4k3
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm glad I found this post and saw that others were having problems before I did something drastic. Still awaiting a permanent fix, though.

Just ONCE, I want to talk to a Verizon rep without them suggesting that I do factory reset on my phone to fix the problem that I'm having...