Re: Updated to Kit Kat. Now my phone won't connect to my home Wifi.
droidrazrmaxxhd
Contributor - Level 1

We're so sorry you're having problems, I can understand how you feel! We all need a phone that works. Here are some very useful steps for common problems you may have.

Your screen isn't bright enough when you walk outside? FACTORY RESET!

Your text message failed due to no signal? FACTORY RESET!

Your media player is playing music too loud? FACTORY RESET!

You need to need to make a phone call quickly? FACTORY RESET!

You need to find an app someone told you about? FACTORY RESET!

Yours,

Verizon "Support"

droidrazrmaxxhd
Contributor - Level 1

Since Verizon support people on here are worthless, here is something I found that has to do with this problem, directly from Motorola:

Cannot connect to Wi-Fi or Wi-Fi connection is dropped when I use BlueTooth Low Energy (BLE) devices

Applies to RAZR M, RAZR HD, and RAZR MAXX HD on Kit Kat with the following system versions:

• 182.46.10.XT907.Verizon.en.US
  • 183.46.10.XT907.Verizon.en.US
  • 182.46.10.XT926.Verizon.en.US
  • 183.46.10.XT926.Verizon.en.US

Connections between your phone and Bluetooth Low Energy devices such as FitBit or Beets HRM may disrupt Wi-Fi communications.

0 Likes
jaj77
Enthusiast - Level 2

That's still a bit of a cop-out, isn't it? I mean, I was using this Bluetooth device before the update and there was no conflict with my WiFi.

0 Likes
Gipsie

Same connectivity problems on my Razr Maxx HD after 4.4.2 update. Phone can not connect to wifi with Bluetooth on. Sorry I don't have an answer, hoping Verizon will see this is not an isolated or infrequent issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand your concern Gipsie, and we want to do everything we can to help your device get back to running smoothly. Do you have bluetooth devices connected or that connect automatically once the feature is on? If so, which ones? 

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
HLTW
Enthusiast - Level 1

Wasn't Verizon the last carrier to roll out KitKat?  Shouldn't a major problem like the instability to retain a wifi connection have been detected and addressed prior to the KitKat roll out then? I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 phone. KitKat is my 2nd update since buying the phone Jan '13, and with each new OS update, my wifi connection becomes less stable, less reliable. I should also say that I never have bluetooth enabled on my phone, so that's not the problem (for me at least).

It feels to me almost as if Verizon *wants* this to happen because if wifi doesn't work, we have to resort to using our data plans, which in turn increases the likelihood of overage charges. Perhaps this is a far-fetched theory, but in seeing how many other users of this community have the same problem across different phones AND in talking to people in-person who are Verizon users and who have the same problem, one has to wonder.

And why should a software update be so inconvenient to a device owner anyway?  All these resets and changes forced upon us never happen when software updates are installed on desktop computers.

Major #FAIL!!  😞

droidrazrmaxxhd
Contributor - Level 1

Of course, the only answers they have are "restart, safe mode, SIM card,

Factory reset" all which do NOTHING to change the problem they caused with

the foul update. I've done and tried them all. Still crappy.

0 Likes
mamaluvsblues
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have done the same thing to my phone also. Did the factory reset...nothing. It has been almost a month. I'm asking for a credit on my bill since my Bluetooth & WiFi are out of commission. Motorola & Verizon better get this fixed sooner than later. My patience is waning.

maryannlyons
Enthusiast - Level 1

My droid kept disconnecting from my home WiFi...which, luckily I caught and did not go over my data plan..and I still can't get it to connect to Sync in my car since upgrading to KitKat

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

maryannlyons,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I know how important it is to have a working phone and staying connected to wi-fi. One thing that you can try to change is a setting in the Wi-fi connections. Let's go into Settings, Wi-Fi, Select Advanced Options, Select Wi-Fi frequency Band, Choose the 5GHz only opiton and then go back to see if you can stay connected to wi-fi. Please keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes