Upgraded to KitKat 4.4.2 and Mobile Data is either totally disconnected or at best 1X.
rdell2013
Enthusiast - Level 2

My Droid RAZR MAXX HD upgraded to KitKat this morning and of course now the phone is worthless.  My mobile data is totally disconnected or at best 1X.  It stays on 4G for maybe a minute then when you go to pull up something on the web it drops the mobile network.  Now begins the typical battle with Verizon to make it right.   Let me guess, their first suggestion will be to perform a factory reset.  Not gonna happen.  This was your dumb upgrade and you would think you could at least get it right.  Now I will have to battle to get some other worthless re-manufactured phone like this one.  That's how I ended up with this one, my S3 had the antenna defect that they rarely would admit existed but magically offered me the RAZR MAXX HD.

Labels (2)
Re: Upgraded to KitKat 4.4.2 and Mobile Data is either totally disconnected or at best 1X.
Kelly20fan

HELLLLLLPPPP!!!   I did the update this morning and I keep getting the notification error "Messages Not Sent" and it tells me that I have 5 messages couldn't be sent.  So I click on it and it just brings me to my text messages.  I can't get rid of the error nor can I find the 5 stupid messages that didn't send.  Those could be from forever ago for all I know.  Can someone please help me???

0 Likes
Re: Upgraded to KitKat 4.4.2 and Mobile Data is either totally disconnected or at best 1X.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am sorry to here about the issue with not being able to send messages, Kelly20fan. Have you tried doing a soft reset on your device? I would give that a try to see if you can get reconnected for retrying to send the messages or access them for seeing about getting rid of the error.

Thanks,
EdW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport   

droidrazrmaxxhd
Contributor - Level 1

You all are posting some very unhelpful replies.  Rebooting the phone is doing nothing. Safe mode affects nothing. This update severely affected 4G data reception and connection.  How about investigating why, instead of giving worthless responses blaming compete non-sequitirs? NEXT?

ericazoe
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same problem as the original poster. I used to have great 4g LTE in my house, and now it is 3G/1x. I did a factory data reset, no improvement. Is a fix for this problem coming out?

ericazoe
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same problem as the original poster. I used to have consistent 4g LTE in my house, and now it is mostly 3G/1x. I did a factory data reset, no improvement. Is a fix for this problem coming out? I am so tired of airplane mode every few minutes or rebooting, hoping to snag that 4G again. Not sure, but it may be worse when I am tethering. Is this Verizon trying to hobble our data usage, or just a poorly implemented "upgrade"?

Darryl0
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same problem as the original post. I used to have great 4g LTE at my house.  After installing Kitkat, it is terrible and disconnects frequently.  I did a factory data reset, no improvement.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

An update should only improve your performance Darryl0! Where are you located? How is the service in other areas outside? Did you do a restore when you completed the hard reset?

JonathanK_VZW
VZWSupport
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
Darryl0
Enthusiast - Level 2

Jonathan - thanks for the response. I am located in Renton, WA. The 4G

LTE service is equally bad in other areas even when I am in line of sight

to a cell tower.

At times, the service is so slow I cannot access the Verizon page via the

My Verizon Mobile application, and cannot load news using the USA Today

application.

I did not perform a restore after the hard reset.

Thanks

Darryl

On Fri, May 23, 2014 at 1:02 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
jgallini
Enthusiast - Level 1

DITTO to most issues since KitKat update last week. Very sad. I've had (and enjoyed) this phone for over a year but no so much now. BTW some of the changes are intentional and discussed on the Motorola website. (i.e. removing Blue on status icons)

No 4G (really?) That was always a given where I live in Az.

WiFi is slow

App response is slow

Switching between apps is slow

Phone is running hot (hotter when charging)

Streaming video is poor