Re: Upgraded to KitKat 4.4.2 and Mobile Data is either totally disconnected or at best 1X.
Darryl0
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the recommendation.  I removed the SIM card.  NO CHANGE.  I repeatedly lose the 4G service.

What's next?

0 Likes
Re: Upgraded to KitKat 4.4.2 and Mobile Data is either totally disconnected or at best 1X.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Darryl10!

Thanks for trying these troubleshooting steps. Please try a master reset http://vz.to/1nMOvrP and keep me posted.

Thanks!

ChristinaB_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
droidrazrmaxxhd
Contributor - Level 1

WORTHLESS PEOPLE ON HERE POSTING AS "SUPPORT" A hard reset will not correct these issues as people on here, AND on the Motorola forums have already said.

0 Likes
Wendy867
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had issues with only receiving 1x or 3G connection.  Once I replaced the SIM card it was fixed now my only problem is screen goes black during phone calls and I am unable to get screen back on with hard knock or power button.  Ugh

0 Likes
Darryl0
Enthusiast - Level 2

ChristinaB - thanks for the recommendation. 

I received a new/refurbished phone from Verizon.  It did NOT have the KitKat update applied to it.  It worked fine.  I was very happy with the reliability and performance of the 4G service. 

The technician at the Verizon store told me to apply the update because the unreliable 4G service and slow performance was due to a problem with my former phone.  I complied.

I now have unreliable, unsatisfactory, slow 4G service.

The Verizon technician wants me to purchase a different phone.

What's next?

Darryl

Wendy867
Enthusiast - Level 2

Tell them u want a new SIM card. Worked for me.

0 Likes
Darryl0
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks, Wendy! I tried that with both my old phone and new phone. It did

not change the reliability or performance.

On Sat, Jun 14, 2014 at 12:56 PM, Wendy867 <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Darry10,

I am sorry the new SIM cards did not assist with the data connection on your devices. I would love to explore other options with you. Please private message me so we can review your account in full.

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Darryl0
Enthusiast - Level 2

Lindsey - thanks for the assistance. How do we proceed?

Thanks

Darryl

On Jun 15, 2014 6:40 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Darryl0!

I see that Lindsey has requested a direct message to assist further. Please follow the steps at this link to initate a direct message session. https://community.verizonwireless.com/docs/DOC-1613

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes