Using a Droid Turbo to send MMS - One of my contacts can see that I have sent a MMS but can not read it. If I send a message just to that person they can read it. They are using LG g3 with Sprint.
granny35658

Never had this problem until I upgraded to the Droid.  Anyone else had this and if so how was it resolved?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Using a Droid Turbo to send MMS - One of my contacts can see that I have sent a MMS but can not read it. If I send a message just to that person they can read it. They are using LG g3 with Sprint.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

granny35658,

That's a great device and we want to make sure it is working in tip-top shape. We definitely want to make sure even your MMS messages can be received. To be sure, do you know what exactly is happening on their end? How long has this been going on? Are they receiving an error message? Are you receiving any errors when sending? Does it only happen with this one contact? Depending on what is happening on their end, they may also need to reach out to their provider to ensure no restrictions would be set up on their line.

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Using a Droid Turbo to send MMS - One of my contacts can see that I have sent a MMS but can not read it. If I send a message just to that person they can read it. They are using LG g3 with Sprint.
granny35658

It started when I got my Droid. It happens to two of my contacts so far as I know. They get a indication that I sent a message but no message. I get a message notice that it was "sent" then "delivered to some". They are both able to get MMS from others who have a Droid that are in our "group". ny help will be appreciated.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You will only get a delivery notification from other Verizon Wireless customers.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is really odd that they cannot see your message, granny35658. The fact that your contact is receiving a message notification indicates it is getting sent out from your phone successfully, especially if others in that group message are receiving the message with no trouble. What is in that message they get on their phone indicating you sent a message? Are they getting an error message when they try to read it?

It's not uncommon for the sent notification to show on your phone but not have a delivery notification for all customers, as some other carriers do not support the delivery notification.

JenniferH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
granny35658

It only happens on MMS not SMS. They get notification of a message can tell who it is from but unable to see it.

0 Likes
granny35658

Just tried to send MMS again. They get the message with about first 20 characters of the message. No error messages. Like I said before, I didn't have this problem until I went to the Droid Turbo. Three others on the message are using the same phone with no problems. It is just the ones on Sprint using LG-g3 that don't get the message and only happens with me. I think it has to be in the settings on my phone but I can't seem to find out what it is. Frustrating is what it is.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Granny35658, I want all of your messages to be marked as sent.  Picture messages are my favorite and I want your picture messages to be received by all.  Are you sending the pictures messages over Wi-Fi or our network?  Are you using the native message app on your phone?

EmmaM_VZW

0 Likes
granny35658

I have tried both wifi and verizon network. Don't know what you mean by native message app on phone. I use the one called "message+"

0 Likes
Re: Using a Droid Turbo to send MMS - One of my contacts can see that I have sent a MMS but can not read it.  If I send a message just to that person they can read it.  They are using LG g3 with Sprint.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Message+ app is the Verizon app and isn't the native text message application. The native message application for Motorola is called Messaging with a green message icon.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes