Verizon 16 GB Droid Maxx: Isn't the Maxx 32 GB by definition? What makes this phone a Maxx? Can it be upgraded to 32 GB?
Riff22903
Enthusiast - Level 2

See title - I'm confused. 

Can anyone help illuminate me?

Thanks.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon 16 GB Droid Maxx: Isn't the Maxx 32 GB by definition? What makes this phone a Maxx? Can it be upgraded to 32 GB?
rcschnoor
Legend

When Verizon lowered the price of the Maxx, the internal memory was lowered from 32 GB to 16 GB. The memory cannot be upgraded to 32 GB and there is no SD card slot for additional memory.

View solution in original post

Re: Verizon 16 GB Droid Maxx: Isn't the Maxx 32 GB by definition? What makes this phone a Maxx? Can it be upgraded to 32 GB?
rcschnoor
Legend

When Verizon lowered the price of the Maxx, the internal memory was lowered from 32 GB to 16 GB. The memory cannot be upgraded to 32 GB and there is no SD card slot for additional memory.

B33
Legend

Yup I remember that RC it happened not too long after I got my Droid Maxx..  They dropped them to 16GB's and having 32GB's it does come in Handy Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Re: Verizon 16 GB Droid Maxx:  Isn't the Maxx 32 GB by definition?  What makes this phone a Maxx?  Can it be upgraded to 32 GB?
Riff22903
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the info.  So essentially what you're saying is that it's just a 16 GB Droid in a 32 GB Maxx case?  Really??  Is it just the outer shell that's different?

What was the price of the 32 GB model?  What is the current price on the 16 GB model?

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Riff22903
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi RC - I just thought of something else.  Even though this phone does not have the full 32 GB memory of the real Maxx it does also have the increased battery life in addition to the better case.  And that's a good thing...

Guess I'll just have to live with the 16 GB memory.  Hell, according to Bill Gates - 640K ought to be enough for anyone, n'est pas?

Thanks again for your response.  (And I found the pricing on my own)

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

RixxRafter wrote:

Thanks for the info.  So essentially what you're saying is that it's just a 16 GB Droid in a 32 GB Maxx case?  Really??  Is it just the outer shell that's different?

No, it is a 16 GB Droid Maxx in a 16 GB Droid Maxx case. Motorola changed the specs of the Droid Maxx from 32 GB to 16 GB and lowered the price by $100.

The ONLY thing which is different is that the internal memory was changed from 32 GB to 16 GB. The outer shell is the same, as is everything else except the price.

B33
Legend

I'm surprised to see a Red Variant in the Droid Maxx it's showing Via this Link I added,  it make me wonder if it's not an Ultra instead of the Maxx.  But if it is a Maxx it looks pretty sharp

Here is the Link:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/device/smartphone/droid-maxx-16gb-black

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

No, the Maxx now comes in a red variant along with the black. It is the one my wife purchased(with 16 GB of memory). I don't think the red one was ever available with 32 GB of memory.Smiley Happy

Re: Verizon 16 GB Droid Maxx:  Isn't the Maxx 32 GB by definition?  What makes this phone a Maxx?  Can it be upgraded to 32 GB?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You're correct,rcschnoor . The Droid Maxx in Red is 16GB and we never had 32GB.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

B33
Legend

Classy.. Classy.. But I like my Little Dude just fine. Have a Great Day.. and Weekend..