Verizon Messages app help
Tritium

I am trying the Verizon Messages app instead of the stock texting app that came with the Maxx because I dislike the plain white background and the app doesn't allow you to change background colors. I'm noticing that I only receive status bar notifications and no notification overtop of the text icon. Like with the stock app, it would have a 4 if I had 4 text messages, But with the Verizon Messages, there's no number. Is there any way to change that so I have a number?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Messages app help
Snn5
Legend

There is in settings.  I no longer use the app myself, but there is a notification setting, perhaps it was in Advanced Settings.  I know my VM+ icon on my homescreen would have a red solid circle and a white number in it.

0 Likes
Tritium

I'm only seeing status bar notifications. I took 2 screen shots to give an example. You can see there's still the number on my stock text app, but not for VM+ even though VM is set as default app.

phone1.png

phone2.png

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

That is quite odd, odder still is that you have service at all over there in that area of the county.  I installed the app again, just to see.  I did not have to modify any settings to get the notification number to show on any icon.  Just installed, sent myself a message, popped up in the notification area and "1" popped up over the shortcut icon on my homescreen and in the app drawer.  I do know that I have had to set Phone Admin and Notification access options in settings-security to allow some apps more control over the phone.  I use an LG G2 however.

0 Likes
Tritium

Tried the Google Messenger as well, and that does the same thing too. Status bar notifications only. I don't know what the problem is or who to contact for help on this.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

It might be because you have Active Notifications (lockscreen lights up)  unlike other phones and perhaps notification #s aren't used at all.

0 Likes
Tritium

The text app that came with the phone used numbers. So I dunno lol

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Yes, either way, I prefer any stock app over the VM+ app.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
I understand  you prefer not to use the stock messaging app, but can you place the phone in Safe Mode http://bit.ly/OJWrbo, send a message to yourself and let me know if the stock message shows the notification?

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Tritium

Yes, a number appears over the stock messenger. Another Verizon rep. told me that VM+ just doesn't show a number on Motorola phones. Which is really becoming a hassle.

0 Likes