Verizon Wireless and Motorola Seeling EVERYONE DEFECTIVE DROID TURBOS
dssguy2012
Enthusiast - Level 2

I TOTALLY AGREE with you. I have been having nothing but PROBLEMS with Not only Verizon Service and Coverage, but MOSTLY with the NEW MOTOROLA DROID TURBO which they Sold me for $299.00. Only to find out that it has Several Major Problems with it, Mainly Poor Signal Reception, No Simultaneous Voice/Data unless you have the So-Called " Advanced Calling " which just makes the calls even worse whenever you CAN get a call to go through. When calls go through they are ALLL "Fuzzy or Scratchy Sounding" like a cheap $35.00/ off brand you get from wal mart.  The Droid Turbo has a Problem with Reception due to placement of the antenna in the upper corner near the speaker, when you cover the area up, signal gets weak, uncover it the signal get a little stronger. also, the Speaker at the top of the Phone is Dual Purpose, meaning its used for Earpiece Calls and Speaker Phone Calls, both of which are not powerful enought to give you ANY Sense of Volume unless you hold the phone "Just the right way and position it in awkward positions over your ear" this make sit a Science to use a phone. And to top it all off, neither Motorola nor Verizon Wireless want to ADMIT a problem, yet they rather blame it on User Error?? So we are left to CONTINUE to be RAPED by Motorola and Verizon for a sub-standard device while maintaning our end of a 2-year contract.

The Service and Quality of the Motorola Devices has gone down hill really really bad. Motorola USED TO BE A GREAT DEVICE, but is not that way anymore, they may as well through in the towel and STOP making phones OR get rid of the So-Called Engineers (Young Kids fresh outta high school who cant do anything except play video games and smoke whatever they can to get high)..

Verizon will tell you that all Devices WONT support Simultaneous Voice & Data at the same time. They think I m stuppid, but I have been around Wireless Communications since 1978 and I can tell you that Verizon has No Problem with Samsung, Blackberry Z-10, z-30, Q10 and Classics from obtaining Simultaneous Voice/Data even while in a call, but Motorola Claims it cant be done and Verizon backs them on it. They BOTH Forget that the Previous Motorola Droid line of phones could DO it such as the Motorola Razr, Razr Maxx, Razr Maxx-HD, etc. but all of a sudden NO DEVICE can do Simultaneous Voice/Data at same time unless you have advanced Calling?? Come on, Im not Stupid. My Blackberry Z-30 works fiine with Simultaneous Voice & Data on Verizon WITHOUT ADVANCED CALLING provided that I can get a Signal from Verizon Towers.

Labels (2)
Re: Verizon Wireless and Motorola Seeling EVERYONE DEFECTIVE DROID TURBOS
dssguy2012
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am getting ready to Jump Ship with Verizon Wireless myself. Being that I provide IT Services and Integrate Blackberry BES 12 Solutions for Goverment/Law Enforcement in  14 Counties in the State of Florida who follow my Recommendations based upon their needs, some of which are currently using Droid Turbos by Motorola and are up to their necks in problems as well, yet Motorola & Verizon Wireless WONT lift a finger to help them either. so far, 9 of those agencies and myself are getting ready to Migrate over to AT&T Wireless where AT&T Wireless is willing to give them Replacement Devices at NO CHARGE when they Switch Over to them and turn in the Old Devices

RobB772
Contributor - Level 3

That must be why Verizon gave up on the "Can you hear me now?" campaign... If he was trying to use Advanced Calling he'd be talking to dead air even in areas Verizon claims 4G LTE coverage.

DRAGONZFYRE
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just upgraded from a Samsung Galaxy 5 to the Droid Turbo 2 and have had nothing but connectivity issues and I don't understand why I have to turn off Advanced calling in order to make a phone call. My other phone I didn't have to do that with. The Droid has a much weaker signal than the Samsung. I am lucky if I get out of 3G and most of the time I have to turn it off and then turn it back on just to try to get the signal to come in. Is anybody else having these problems? How do I go back to getting a Samsung phone because I really hate this one. I hope Verizon replies.