Verizon connection in the Seneca County NYS area
Fingerlakes48
Enthusiast - Level 3

Has anybody else noticed or experienced  a poor connection that seems to have gotten worse? The signal seems weaker and I am not calls in places that have a good signal at times. The phone does not ring or vibrate at these times . I recently read of a problem in the Glass Factory Bay area near Geneva. ? is  this all related.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon connection in the Seneca County NYS area
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We have a fantastic Network Team that works constantly to take care of our network, Fingerlakes48. We definitely want to make sure we put them to work where you need it if your area is experiencing trouble. But that's a pretty large service area. Is there a certain zipcode you notice this trouble in most frequently? Does it happen both indoors and outdoors? Do you notice this happening during a certain time frame every day? Please share a bit more details so we can help get to the bottom of this.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
wowdiva3

I am experiencing the same issue at 42141 in Kentucky. I was on Skype (free calls for toll free) with a Verizon tech for over an hour yesterday trying to figure out the problem. It's NOT my phone because I have Iphone and my daughter has a basic phone, LG and we both got the "problem" at exactly the same thing. There is no verizon tower near me, We typically receive service via Bluegrass Cellular towers. I live in this location and have for almost 3 years with no problem. I have to drive 2 hours to reset my phone *228 as I was instructed by the rep to do. I am doing that today just to prove that it's not my phones. I can receive calls fine. My texting is perfecting both sending and receiving. I also have data with no issues. My only problem is outbound calls.

I'm caregiver for my elderly father with terminal cancer, kidney failure, and congestive heart failure. I have to get this resolved ASAP as this is my only phone service and it could be a matter of life or death for him.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello there, wowdiva3! We certainly want our customers to get the most of the service they have with us. Our desire is to be in all places our customers use our service. At this, we believe we succeed. However, there are some areas were our service may vary in strength and reliability. Your mention of the zip code 42141 compelled me to review coverage there. You reside in the Extended Network service area, where service may vary. You can see for yourself by using our online Coverage Map: http://vz.to/18Mbqt8

DionM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
Fingerlakes48
Enthusiast - Level 3

Zip code 14588,  14521 and the general area. time of day makes no difference. the signal is weak in  some areas or constanly changes. It does matter in some locations if one is inside or out.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for your reply, FIngerlakes48. I do not have any current alerts in the areas mentioned. Is this happening on multiple device? How long have you had these concerns? Is it affecting data connections as well voice?

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
Fingerlakes48
Enthusiast - Level 3

This happening on both devices  and sometime when trying to use data connection. Another incident is I have had a good connection and the phone does not ring on my Razor and the LG. This has happened in multiple locations.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your patience is very much appreciated Fingerlakes48. We want to make sure that we do everything that we can to ensure that you are able to enjoy your service. Just for clarification, are both devices Droid Razrs? What software and android version do you have installed on the devices? Can I assume that there isn't any liquid or physical damage on the device? We have revisited the zip codes that you gave and still no issue reported in the area. If you had a ticket opened about this then please advise so we can check the status of it for you.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Fingerlakes48
Enthusiast - Level 3

Neither phone is damaged. Mine is the Razor M the other is a LG Chocolate.The Android version on the Razor is 4.1.2and there are no new updates.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for that information Fingerlakes48. In order to assist you further I would like you to send us a direct message with a brief summary of the issue. I have requested to follow you, so if you could please approve my request you'll then be able to send me that direct message. We look forward to solving this issue once and for all!

0 Likes