Verizon refused to Honor MOTOTRADEUP.COM promotion.
medicdj

Hello,

I am Currently eligible for an upgrade and I was going to get the Droid Maxx, I was told about Mototradeup.com that clearly shows a list of phones I can trade in and the phones I can purchase, it also clearly states that I must go to a Verizon Wireless Corporate store in order to process this. I then made contact with the Verizon Wireless store and was advised the promotion is correct from the salesman when it came time to clarify with the manager he stated there was a promotion that states you have to trade in a droid x2 or a droid 3 to get 100.00, now nowhere on the mototradeup.com website does it state this. The manager stated if I add a new line he will honor the promotion, if I do an upgrade he will not honor it. I feel it shouldn't matter if I am a new customer or an existing customer; I have been with the company for 7 years and pay about 260.00 a month and I know Verizon doesn't care.

I then contacted Customer care and they all read mototradeup.com and they were able to validate it doesn't make the distinction that it has to be a droid x2 or droid 3, it clearly lists multiple models as being eligible, the customer care rep then contacted two additional stores who all refused to help and again stated the mototradeup.com website is not correct. I have now contacted Motorola and I am awaiting to speak to their PR Dept. to advise them that Verizon states they have incorrect information on there website. When I spoke to Motorola they verified I take one of the phones on the list to Verizon and trade it for a Droid Maxx and I would get the 100.00 Verizon Wireless Gift card and it clearly states this. There is nowhere on the website Mototradeup.com that it states it is exclusive to the droid x2 or the droid 3. I also was offered a 50.00 instant savings off the phone order if I place it with customer care over the phone and now they tell me there are no notes to support this in their system, I was then advised that they cannot discount the phones further at the time of purchase, which I know this is incorrect as I have seen with my own eyes a friends invoice where they did exactly that.

I am now to the point I would like to port My Lines of service to a different company as I am getting fed up with Verizon and no one being on the same page as far as policy or promotions go. When Verizon Customer care contacts the stores they do not want to help the customer especially if they are advised to do so by customer care. There is a huge disconnect between the stores and customer care, it seems as though they are two complete separate company’s. Verizon Has become too big for there own good and I believe they don't care if a customer leaves. I have contacted many cancellation reps that offer to help and in the end the conversation transitions to there is nothing we can do for you, you already have a 9.99 line discount promotion. In the end Verizon is ok with me and anyone else leaving the company, as there are always more people willing to Join Verizon.

I am writing this to get clarification on who has the incorrect information and so that no one else has to go through with this mess of a situation. I have read the forums on the net and appear to find mixed reviews, People were told they could trade the listed devices and some were told only the X2 and Droid 3.

This issue needs to be addressed and I will continue to post this anywhere and everywhere until there is a resolution.

Daniel

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon refused to Honor MOTOTRADEUP.COM promotion.
NexusMan21
Contributor - Level 2

What phone were you trying to trade in?

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

It is kind of funny in looking at the Mototradeup.com site. The only phones I recognize as being part of Verizons network are the Droid3 and X2 (Could be more that I do not recognize). The others appear to be other carrier phones. I can see verizon not honoring the cert if you are trying to trade up a phone from a different carrier, but reality says these are the ones they should WANT to take in a trade up program as it means someone is switching to Verizon, but your post says you are upgrading so that is not the case here.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Jakeman1 wrote:

It is kind of funny in looking at the Mototradeup.com site. The only phones I recognize as being part of Verizons network are the Droid3 and X2 (Could be more that I do not recognize). The others appear to be other carrier phones. I can see verizon not honoring the cert if you are trying to trade up a phone from a different carrier, but reality says these are the ones they should WANT to take in a trade up program as it means someone is switching to Verizon, but your post says you are upgrading so that is not the case here.

That's my assessment too for the eligible Verizon Wireless phones that could be traded in. The other older phones are for other carriers and unlocked devices.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes