Vibrate & haptic feedback working intermittently
henks

Just started doing this recently, but in the middle of typing a text/email, the haptic feedback from typing stops.  Also, I don't get the feedback when using the 4 main buttons on the bottom.  I notice when the feedback stops, the vibrate feature also stops.  I can shake the phone a little bit, then it comes back for a while, then it goes away again.

I haven't dropped it (at least that I can recall), and I've had an Otterbox on it since day one.  Has anyone else had issues with this? I'm probably going to take it to a store and have the phone replaced.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Vibrate & haptic feedback working intermittently
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi henks!  Let's get your device back to a consistent keyboard/typing experience!  I've seen this on a few devices, and it has been a result of a 3rd party keyboard application.  If you have downloaded a 3rd party keyboard application, please uninstall http://bit.ly/TF4FkU the application.  Then perform a factory reset http://bit.ly/Ob1xRh to restore the factory settings.  The factory data reset will clear out the 3rd party application settings.  Please let me know how this works out for you.  Thanks!

AnthonyTa_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
henks

Hi Anthony.  Thanks for your reply.  However, I have not downloaded any 3rd party keyboard application.  So I don't think that is the issue here.  Would a factory reset fix the issue even if I haven't downloaded the app you're referring to?

Thanks.

0 Likes
neotremer

if it is a software issue, then a factory reset could fix your issue, If all else fails, Factory Restore Smiley Happy

0 Likes
rattlesnakemac

This just started happening to me, in the past couple days.  I backed up everything today and did factory reset.  The haptic went out on my first text after reset.  Very very annoying, especially for such an expensive and new phone (Droid Razr Maxx HD, four months old).  No third-party keyboards or any new apps at all in fact.

0 Likes