Visual Voice Mail Problem
JRbytheC
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am receiving Hangouts texts saying "Visual Voice Mail activity received.  Please select the VisualVM icon to reinstall.  Free Message from Verizon Wireless."

I already have Version 2.0 Visual Voicemail.  I don't know how many of my voicemails I'm actually getting, or whether there's a problem.   What do you advise?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Visual Voice Mail Problem
B33
Legend
0 Likes
B33
Legend

Try running a power cycle power+ lower volume > Hold for 25 sec. then release see if that clears the issue if not try running a System Cache Partition clear.. As the app that is causing the issue might quite throwing out the request once you've done this clear..

0 Likes
JRbytheC
Enthusiast - Level 2

Exactly how do I do that on my Droid?

0 Likes
B33
Legend
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@JRbytheC,

I definitely don't want you missing any important voice mail messages! Let's get to the bottom of this and get your visual voice mail working right!

B33 provide some very good troubleshooting steps. Did you already try the soft reset and clearing the cache as B33 suggested?

You can also try removing the SIM card for a few minutes, insert and retest. Keep me posted if the issue persist so we can further troubleshoot.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

fogiedad
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same issue but unfortunately did not check here first.  I ended up disabling the visual voicemail app, thinking it might allow me to reinstall.  So now it has disappeared and it does not appear in the PlayStore.  How do I get it back?

Thanks.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

fogiedad wrote:

I have the same issue but unfortunately did not check here first.  I ended up disabling the visual voicemail app, thinking it might allow me to reinstall.  So now it has disappeared and it does not appear in the PlayStore.  How do I get it back?

Thanks.

If it is disabled, go to settings > applications > all tab > scroll down to the Voicemail app. Select it and touch the enable button.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

fogiedad
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks Ann154! That did it. Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

fogiedad wrote:

Thanks Ann154! That did it. Smiley Happy

Glad it worked.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes