Visual voice Mail on Droid Maxx
dlgeorge2003

I subscribed Visual Voice Mail.  I set up the Voice Mail.  I have received couple Voice Mail but I am not seeing any visual voice mail.  How do I get to visual voice mail on Droid Maxx?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Visual voice Mail on Droid Maxx
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dlgeorge2003, seeing it is believing it! Here's the facts about Visual Voice mail: http://vz.to/1660x3O In Visual Voice mail, you can see the mobile number for the caller that left the voice mail message and time. Are you able to see these details?

LasinaH_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
TJ1776
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having the exact same problem.  Signed up for the free visual voicemail trial last night and I'm still not seeing the text of the voicemail message.  I see the caller's name and the date and time of the message, but no text of the message itself.  And I already setup my VM password and greeting.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TJ1776,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We are glad to see that you are utilizing this convenient option. For clarification what exactly are you having trouble with in the Visual Voice mail box? Are you trying to view the voicemail left in text form? If so, that is not a capability that the function has. The application allows you to select a specific message and play just that one instead of having to listen or skip through a bunch others. You are able to respond to the caller with a text response. Please fill us in on what you are looking to do so we can properly assist.

Thank you,

TonyG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
TJ1776
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks, Tony.

0 Likes
tapdancer

Verizon's Visual Voicemail is not Visual Voicemail as we who came from Sprint understand it to be.  For an extra $2 per month, all messages were transcribed to text with Sprint.  The Visual Voicemail service that I am paying additional for with Verizon was a free basic service with Sprint.  Does anyone know of any reasonably priced voice to text apps?  I looked at one that was going to run $20 a month to accommodate the number of voicemails I receive each month, that's ridiculous.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

tapdancer wrote:

Does anyone know of any reasonably priced voice to text apps?  I looked at one that was going to run $20 a month to accommodate the number of voicemails I receive each month, that's ridiculous.

Have you explored Google Voice?  You can use your existing Verizon number, and add Google Voicemail Lite, which includes transcription services with the message sent as an email and/or text.  I haven't personally used it, but I am considering trying it out.  https://support.google.com/voice/answer/164648?hl=en

I've been using, successfully and happily, You Mail, for several years, but their voice to text is an add on that I have not had the need for to this point.

SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

SuzyQ wrote:

Have you explored Google Voice?  You can use your existing Verizon number, and add Google Voicemail Lite, which includes transcription services with the message sent as an email and/or text.  I haven't personally used it, but I am considering trying it out.  https://support.google.com/voice/answer/164648?hl=en

I just spent about ten minutes setting up Google Voice to work with my existing Verizon number - free transcription - custom greetings for each contact (if you want) - downloadable sound file of the voicemail - and this is just Voicemail Lite!!  Looks like it does all that You Mail does and then some, and it's free.

Setup was simple; you set call forwarding *71 to the number provided, then you get an email with the transcription on your Gmail, or you can login to voice.google.com, or call the access number provided, enter you PIN and listen to the message on your phone. 

0 Likes