Voice Mail Issue
DNSJR

when I tap the voice mail icon, it tries to set-up Visual Voice Mail; I just want to enter regular voice mail. I know if I tap the #1 on the key pad it will take me to voice mail, but I would like the icon to do the same, thanks for any help

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Voice Mail Issue
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The application icon is for visual voicemail only. The basic voicemail can't be accessed through the app icon. If it is on your home screen, remove it. Then the only place that icon will live is buried at the bottom of the application drawer.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
DNSJR

Thank you; so the only way to access normal voice mail is tapping & holding #1 on the key pad. Also, I tried to disable the visual voice mail, but from what I found is not possible under the Applications. I don't want it running, which it is when I check it under running apps; any ideas; thanks again

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

No, it isn't the only way. You can touch the voicemail icon in the notification bar when there is a message waiting. You can also create a contact called Voicemail and place a direct dial shortcut on your home screen.

Honestly I wouldn't bother force stopping the voicemail app. Let the Android OS manage its own resources including the RAM. Eventually the phone will learn to not load the application into the active memory.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
DNSJR

Thanks again, you are most helpful

0 Likes