crspyguy
Enthusiast - Level 3

A simple question for a simple man I have a Verizon carrier exclusive droid turbo flagship and I am two operating systems behind current

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: WHY
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I also have the Droid Turbo, and it is running Android 5.1, which is the most current OS released by Motorola.  Contact Motorola for details on when Marshmallow will be released for the Turbo, as manufacturers, not carriers, write the updates.

Verizon Rolls Out Update To Original Motorola Droid Turbo - Nope, Not Marshmallow : TECH : Tech Time...

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

But are you running the latest version of the OS for your specific phone? If it is slated for an update then you need to complain about it to the manufacturer of the device.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
crspyguy
Enthusiast - Level 3

May I please have a Verizon representative respond to my original question of the carrier exclusive droid turbo Flagship being two operating systems behind

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You may or may not get a response from a VZW rep in a day or two. They can only reply with a response that follows the company policy for updates.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I also have the Droid Turbo, and it is running Android 5.1, which is the most current OS released by Motorola.  Contact Motorola for details on when Marshmallow will be released for the Turbo, as manufacturers, not carriers, write the updates.

Verizon Rolls Out Update To Original Motorola Droid Turbo - Nope, Not Marshmallow : TECH : Tech Time...

0 Likes
crspyguy
Enthusiast - Level 3

Due to the sensitive situation of customer satisfaction pertaining to a carrier exclusive Flagship device I would prefer that a Verizon representative address my question

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I guarantee you the answer you will get will be something along the lines of "We do not have any information about when an update will be available. Please check the Software Updates page or the Verizon News for anything new. In the mean I'll send you a private message to discuss your options." In other words, they will likely try and convince you to purchase the latest and newest phone available.

0 Likes
Davidoo
Contributor - Level 3

crspyguy, I share your pain.  Although some on here want to make excuses and make light of the problem, you are correct that the Turbo has been one neglected device.  I have learned two lessons from the update fiasco with the Turbo.  One is to never buy a carrier exclusive devices.  If it is VZWs fault this is not updated it is because there just isn't enough of them out there for them to care.  Two, never buy another Moto device.  Their updates suck now.  Lots of posts on Android news sites of their neglect in even giving us needed security updates, not to mention OS updates for a flagship device.  Talk with your wallet. 

crspyguy
Enthusiast - Level 3

Davidoo we are on the same page as for the rest I will not private message about any other device I want Verizon to honor their fiduciary commitment to a carrier exclusive Flagship device which is an implied contract that that said device will get special attention forthwith

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Crspyguy, we understand your concern with wanting to be updated in software. We all want our phones to operate to the maximum potential. Updates are unique to different manufacturers and specific models. When your phone has the latest software update available to it there is nothing that can be done to change that until the next update.

Are you having any issues with your phone? What is prompting this to be a concern for you?

MarcusS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes