WIFI connection
tre_915

I'm having a difficult time connecting to my WiFi at home. All other devices connect except for my phone. I have to turn phone off then power back on so it can connect to WiFi. It takes several attempts to finally connect. Why won't my phone connect on the first try?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: WIFI connection
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tre_915,

Not being able to connect to a WiFi connection is unacceptable. Let's ensure see what is going on, does this happen with any other connections? How long has this been going on? Do you get any error messages?

KarenC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
tre_915

It only happens at home. I can connect anywhere else without issue.

0 Likes
tre_915

It's been an ongoing issue for quite some time.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tre_915

I rely on my wifi while at home as well. Since this is only happening with your home router, we can rule out a problem with the phone. If the phone were having the problem, this would be happening to every wifi connection. Have you tried to completely unplug your wireless router and leave it powered off for 5 minutes? Then plug it back in and wait another 15 minutes and then test.

ChristopherM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
tre_915

I figured it out. It was McAfee App. I uninstalled it and haven't had any issues connecting since.

0 Likes