What do I have to do to get the Razr to take a reasonably decent phot?
SkyHawk44
Enthusiast - Level 3

This poor phone takes the worst photos imaginable.  The colors are not of this world (very strange), the contrast is non-existent, and the images are not sharp.  I won't stop using my point and shoot camera any time soon.  Any hints (short of getting a different phone?)

Labels (2)
Re: What do I have to do to get the Razr to take a reasonably decent phot?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello SkyHawk44,

I know how important it is to have a high quality camera on a top of the line phone. May I ask are you running into the latest software version? Recent updates include camera improvements. The latest version is as follows: 19.5.3.obake-maxx_verizon.Verizon.en.US

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
SkyHawk44
Enthusiast - Level 3

According to the phone, software is up to date. Just incredibly terrible photos.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SkyHawk44, thanks for confirming this. Let's improve the quality of your photos. Have you adjusted the camera effects in the settings? From the Home screen, tap Camera. Tap the Camera Effects icon. Select your preferred effect. For more device support, click http://vz.to/1gMCXUF Keep us posted.

LasinaH_VZW

SkyHawk44
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for the note. The camera effects are set (and have been set) on “normal” which is what I hoped the images would look like. None of the other settings are what I really want (e.g., I don’t want my photos of an Autumn scene with bright colorful trees to be in sepia). I have a sinking feeling that the RAZR camera is just not very good and that I must always carry my point and shoot if I want any kind of reasonable photos. My daughter’s phone takes such good photos that she uses it exclusively (hers is an iphone). I doubt that I will be in her shoes anytime soon.

SkyHawk

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate you taking the time to provide this insight.  Is it more so in low light situtations that you run into an issue? Is there a specific color scheme that you noticed within your photos? For example , a hint of purple or any other color?

YosefT_VZW

B33
Legend

Have you Tried using one of the Camera Apps in the Google PlayStore I have the Aviary app installed on one of my Razr Maxx's and work fairly nice you might give it a Try and the app is Free.. b33

0 Likes
SkyHawk44
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for the tip.  However, I do not use any apps (except for the ones that came preinstalled) as I do not want to lessen the battery life which isn't all that great to begin with (goes from fully charged to about 75% overnight when turned off.  Most of the day I keep the phone plugged in so I have some reserve when I leave the office. I use the phone exclusively for calls and email. Besides, when I looked at downloading an app, it wanted access to all my information (contacts, etc.) and I don't want to release that just so I can take pictures with a phone. Thanks for your interest and help

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID

B33
Legend

Okie Dokie. Smiley Happy b33

0 Likes
SkyHawk44
Enthusiast - Level 3

Weirdness occurs both outside in daylight and inside.  Outside colors have intense blues on things like grass and shrubbery while inside things that are grey show up as aqua blue.  These are just two examples of weird color.  Nothing is as it should be.  Thanks for your interest but I am resigned to the fact that the RAZR is a decent enough phone but a lousy camera.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID

0 Likes