What does 'phone with a red slash through it' icon mean?
MaxxDaddy1
Enthusiast - Level 3

On the top left of my Home screen is an icon of an old telephone handset and a red circle with diagonal slash through it. It appeared after a call was dropped, so I think that's what it signifies. But how do I get rid of it?!!!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: What does this icon mean and how do I get it off my screen?
MaxxDaddy1
Enthusiast - Level 3

It is my Call Blocker app alerting me that a call was BLOCKED. To quote Emily Litella/Gilda Radner: Never mind.

Thank you

View solution in original post

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which phone model do you have? Can you post a screenshot of the icon so we can see what you see?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
MaxxDaddy1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Motorola Droid Maxx. Sorry, no can do screen-shot. But I will try to explain it. It's an image of the OLD (pre-cell phone era) handset of a corded, rotary dial, type phone. A red circle w/slash is positioned between the ear and mouth piece. Hope that helps. Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

That phone is certainly capable of creating a screenshot. It isn't that old to not have the feature included in the OS.

Did you check the user manual? http://cache.vzw.com/multimedia/mim/droid-maxx/droid-maxx-manual.pdf

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
MaxxDaddy1
Enthusiast - Level 3

It is not the fault of the phone that 'I' cannot take a screen shot. (ahem) I've never had the need to do so, so I've never learned how. Thank you for the link.

Btw, the icon/symbol has finally disappeared.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader
0 Likes
MaxxDaddy1
Enthusiast - Level 3

It is my Call Blocker app alerting me that a call was BLOCKED. To quote Emily Litella/Gilda Radner: Never mind.

Thank you

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Maxx Daddy,  We're here to help with your device questions. The icon is due to signal loss. Which zip code are you in? How often does the icon appear on your screen?

SheritaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes